Each weekday, we scour the internet for age-appropriate news stories that will interest students in Grades 1-12, then invite them to take quizzes or post comments. All quiz scores are delivered automatically to teachers. All comments are approved by their teachers. All comments are approved by their teachers before they are published.
- Student user accounts may not include their last names.
- Students may not share any personally idenfitying information anywhere on the site.
- We do not gather or store student email addresses.
- Teachers moderate their students' comments before they are published. Comments are private to their classroom unless otherwise requested.
- We only use news stories from reputable news organizations, such as the Associated Press, local newspapers, and TV stations.
- After you submit your information via the form on this page, we will send you an email containing your username and instructions on how to use the site.
If you do not receive an email within 5 minutes after submitting your information, please contact us here.
- You will be automatically logged in to your dashboard where you can begin to create your classrooms & students.
- Use the classrooms & students link to rename your classrooms, add, edit, or delete students, and leave instructions for each classroom on how to use the site. After you have registered all the students in your classroom(s), click the print button to print out your students' usernames and passwords on sheet paper. Tear the sheets into strips, then distribute usernames and passwords to your students.
- Ask your students to log in with the usernames and passwords you created for them. You can assign stories by visiting any article on TweenTribune.com and clicking the yellow "assign story" button OR you can have your students visit TweenTribune.com to find a story that interests them. Then they should post a comment for you to approve and take the quiz.
- From your dashboard, click the pending link to review, edit, and publish your students' comments.