Milwaukee fans are crazy for Hank the Dog "Hank the dog" sits on the field before a spring training game. At left is a Hank bobblehead doll (Getty Images)
Milwaukee fans are crazy for Hank the Dog

The fascination with Hank the dog has legs.

The stray pup wandered into the Milwaukee Brewers' baseball spring training facility in Arizona last year. Later adopted by a team executive, the fluffy white pooch remains a top fan favorite.

Now a kiosk of Hank-related items has been erected on the field level concourse at Miller Park. That's where the Brewers play their home games. The kiosk features a variety of items for sale. They include Hank t-shirts, plush toys and dog leashes.

A locked display case features an array of expensive collectibles for the most dedicated Hank fans. A Hank-worn All-Star game jersey, made especially for him, can be purchased for a whopping $1,200.

The Wisconsin Humane Society receives 20 percent of revenue from the sale of Hank merchandise. To date, more than $200,000 has been raised the team said.

The dog's bowl, with food residue still visible, has a $100 price tag. A bed on which Hank once slept can be had for $250.

Want a framed picture of Brewers catcher Jonathan Lucroy with the precious pup that includes swatches of jerseys worn by each? Shell out $175 and take it home.

"This is just a function of the demand for Hank merchandise," Brewers chief operating officer Rick Schlesinger said.

Hank again will be honored with a bobblehead doll. It will be adorned in pink and doled out to fans attending a Mother's Day game.

"It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Hank is extremely popular," Schlesinger said.

Hank visited the Maryvale Baseball Park in Phoenix last week. The dog was there to raise awareness for pet adoption programs at the Arizona Humane Society. He will make appearances for charitable causes in the Milwaukee area during the season.

He will return for several visits to Miller Park, too.

Critical thinking challenge: What did Rick Schlesinger mean when he said, "It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Hank is extremely popular." What does Hank have to do with rocket science?

• robertd-Hyl
    4/13/2015 - 12:01 p.m.

I did not know that dogs could be this important to people. Also i did not know dog merchandises could be $ 1,200 . I would not pay that much money [if I had it] for dog merchandises. Rick Schlesinger said that because he meant that it does not take a lot of brain to figure out that Hank is extremely popular.

• aliciac-Hyl
    4/13/2015 - 12:02 p.m.

To answer the Critical Thinking Challenge Hank has nothing to do with rocket science and they're just proving a point to ask anyone. If I took Hank in he wouldn't have wandered into Yankee Stadium because he'd be at my house all snuggled up with my other dog. So yeah he couldn't have wandered off. :)
    ;) (winky face)

• margareth-Hyl
    4/13/2015 - 12:05 p.m.

When Rick Schlesinger said " It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Hank is extremely popular." He was just saying a popular idiom meaning it is fairly simple to see that ( in this case ) the dog is very popular. The dog Hank has nothing to do with rocket science. I think it is awesome that a dog is so popular. He is like Milwaukee's own super star!

I LOVE DOGS. I REL-LY DO.

• ashleighb-Hyl
    4/14/2015 - 11:58 a.m.

I REALLY liked this article. To answer the critical thinking challenge Hank has absolutely nothing to do with rocket science, but everyone knows he's extremely popular. But I would not buy his special made jersey, his dog food bowl with food still in it. Those items are a LOT overpriced for me. I REALLY liked this article!

-Ashleigh ;) :)

• brandond-Hyl
    4/14/2015 - 12:04 p.m.

This article was amazing!!! This is because the article is an entertaining article with a true story and great detail and it is about one of the best pets, the dog!!! This is why I LOVE this article!

• nolanb-Hyl
    4/14/2015 - 12:07 p.m.

I think this was interesting. Even though I don't like dogs that much it was still cool. Also a all star hank shirt costs 1200 that's a lot of money. But the team raised 200,000 dollar's that is a lot of money. This article was interesting.

• emilianar-Hyl
    4/17/2015 - 12:01 p.m.

The fact that a stray dog can help raise money and that a dog has its own bobble-head is pretty cool. Also a dog can have its own kiosk it is just unthinkable. I have never thought about that and it as in something amazing is happening.

• tylero-Hyl
    4/17/2015 - 12:04 p.m.

I liked this article because I could not believe that a jersey he wore can even be $1,200.I don't really like dogs but I wonder if they will ever find a owner for the dog.I did not know the dog before I read this article.That's why I liked this article.