You’ve got questions. Eric has answers. Dr. Eric Schulze answers your questions in a rapid-fire round. (Thinkstock)
You’ve got questions. Eric has answers.

You asked us a lot of questions and now I'm going to try to answer as many as I possibly can in 45 seconds. So ready the timer, please, let's do this.

Dogs are not colorblind; it takes 8 minutes, 20 seconds for light to travel to Earth from the Sun; a New Orleans dentist named Levi Spear Parmly in 1815 invented dental floss.

We could be alone in the universe but this is a question that can't be answered today; the day is coming soon when you could have a robot butler; the tallest person ever known was Robert Wadlow, who in 1940, measured 8 feet 11.1 inches; and 12 people have walked on the moon.

On the question of how did life begin, I will pass, and I'm also going to pass on what makes us human. But, here come some more answers.

A coin that falls from the Empire State Building could not kill you; it's pretty much true that no two snowflakes are alike; the first woman to win a Nobel Prize was Marie Curie, and she won two, in 1903 and 1911. My favorite science figure of all time is Carl Sagan. I like long walks on the beach.  Wait, what?

And that ends our lighting round, on a very weird note, but for more insightful videos like this, check us out every day at Smithsonian.com.

• autianae-ste
    2/03/2016 - 03:53 p.m.

I honestly didn't know half of these facts. It's amusing to read short articles like these, especially ones that are full of information such as this one.

• pipern-2-bar
    2/03/2016 - 05:05 p.m.

It takes so long for the sun's light to reach Earth because the sun is so far away."…it takes 8 minutes, 20 seconds for light to travel to Earth from the Sun;…"(Paragraph 2) Light travels at a speed of 186,000 miles per second and the sun is at an average of 93,000,000 miles away from Earth. It would make sense that it would take sunlight 8 minutes and 20 seconds to reach Earth. I like this article because it had many interesting facts.

• kathrynm-vla
    2/03/2016 - 07:10 p.m.

Because... um.. because... Um.. Oh I got, because Earth is um.....
    It is the.. Uh... Is the 3rd planet from the sun and it is 93 million miles from the sun and that is a big distance. That is why it takes so long for sun light to get to the Earth.

• John0724-YYCA
    2/03/2016 - 09:04 p.m.

I think that some questions that he answered was a new fact to me because I never knew tat it took eight minutes for light from the sun travel to Earth. I also never knew that a penny couldn't kill anyone when it falls from the top of the empire because I thought it could have kill someone. I think that this man has a lot of answers for these random questions and I hope that the day of robot butlers would come soon. I thought the tallest man on Earth was Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was the tallest man because when I saw the picture of him he looked really really tall.

• ben0424-yyca-byo
    2/03/2016 - 09:52 p.m.

I would want to try doing this and I think it will be fun. The answer to the last question was funny and I think he can answer more questions. It was interesting to know this information and I would like to know more.

• Eric0221-YYCA
    2/03/2016 - 10:37 p.m.

The scientist might have been able to answer questions fast which people had been asking to the scientists which people wanted to know how smart he is to be answering questions from people faster than thinking. The people that might have been curious about things around the world or in the universe because people had been very curious that they think that there is one scientists that can be able to answer questions. The scientist might have been able to get answer quickly because people had been asking a lot of question fast that people might have thought that he can know everything. People had been asking the scientists about things that they don't know about because people might have wanted to know if he can be able to answer question fast.
    Critical Thinking Question: I can see sunlight. Why does it take so long for the sun's light to reach Earth?
    Answer: Because the sun's light to reach earth takes a long time to reach than the light from the earth to the sun to take so long.

• laurenh-612-
    2/04/2016 - 08:59 a.m.

I think its because light cover SO MUCH of Earth. And in order to do that, it may take a little bit of time to do so.

• jeremiahy-612-
    2/04/2016 - 09:10 a.m.

It takes so long for the light of the sun to reach earth because it has to travel many miles for the sun to get here

• rachelh-612-
    2/04/2016 - 09:18 a.m.

Since the sun is so far away from Earth, it takes a while for sunlight to get ready to travel to Earth. And the sunlight probably warms up in the night, so when morning comes, sunlight is ready to come to Earth with no problem

• janasiag-rob
    2/04/2016 - 09:44 a.m.

i enjoyed this story because mr.Eric gave answers very quickly and it was a really good laugh.