White House has no comment on deporting Bieber These police booking mugs show pop star Justin Bieber. Bieber was arrested for allegedly drag-racing on a Miami Beach Street
White House has no comment on deporting Bieber

The White House has two words for those who want President Barack Obama to deport Justin Bieber: No comment.

Nearly 275,000 people signed an Internet petition calling the Canadian-born teen idol reckless. They asked Obama to revoke his green card. A green card allows people from other countries to work in the U.S.

That's far more than required to merit an official response through the White House's "We the People" program.

The White House says it's sorry to disappoint, but it won't be commenting. It's citing a limitation that allows the White House to decline to address certain petitions.

But the White House is using the occasion to argue that an immigration overhaul could shrink deficits by nearly $1 trillion over two decades. The White House says that's equivalent to 12.5 billion concert tickets or 100 billion copies of Bieber's debut album.

Critical thinking challenge: As a citizen of Canada, how does Justin Bieber benefit the United States if at all?

• RA3josethemexican
    4/21/2014 - 08:46 a.m.

I don't get why they want him to get deported . He's just like other rich teens who's just having fun . He only got locked up once . I think they are making a big deal out of nothing .

• CieraGreenQ4
      4/22/2014 - 04:48 p.m.

I think he should be deported! He isn't a good influence on the girls and guys that look up to him! He needs to go back to Canada! Sorry for the girls/guys that like him:/

• TheAlex33301
    4/21/2014 - 08:48 a.m.

I think there making it bigger than it needs to be. To take away his green card would make the U.S look bad. So, I think the President did the right think in this case.

• TESSAS-Rey
    4/21/2014 - 09:41 a.m.

This is not fair he only sells one to two hundred albums and most people strongly dislike him he is a Canadian and he has done some illegal things in a few months why would they disregard something that needs to happen

• Hailey33301
    4/21/2014 - 09:55 a.m.

I think the White House is right for staying out of it because lots of people like him and might be disappointed if he cannot work here. He makes money for the US so that's a plus. They don't ever really take Green Cards from people over going to jail so why Bieber?

• Dalton_spooner
    4/21/2014 - 09:57 a.m.

I think that Justin should get his green. ADR taken away because he is just to reckless and out of control whit all the stupid stuff that he has been up to. Like doing a drag race in Miami I think that he should just tack some time off from being a pop star.

• 8erwhited
    4/21/2014 - 09:58 a.m.

Justin Bieber has the benefit to stay in the United States because any body has the right to come to the United States and a whole bunch of girls would be sad if he got deported back to Canada because they would not be able to go to his show.

• 8jlsmith1
    4/21/2014 - 10:05 a.m.

I do not think he actually benefits the United States. He only makes music. I think he would benefit from being deported because he could cool off.

• 8slharper
    4/21/2014 - 10:10 a.m.

Justin Bieber shouldn't be opposed as a threat or a real conflict. Justin Bieber got in trouble, and he served his time. So what? I don't think the White House should feel obliged to have any sort of comment. I've noticed that our government focuses a lot on pop culture problems, like Gay Marriage (Woo!), ect ect. But to have the White House focus on something so absurd and so small compared to the problems that our country is faced with.. Justin Bieber serves no benefit, nor did he begin with any. He is just a rebellious celebrity.

• 8lbestes
    4/21/2014 - 10:44 a.m.

I think that Justin Bieber has not benefited the United States at all. The only thing that he has done has made fans like him and his music and then hate him because he got caught for driving and drinking.