Police pull over self-driving car A Google self-driving car goes on a test drive near the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, Calif. (AP Photo/Eric Risberg/Tony Avelar)
Police pull over self-driving car

Mountain View police said that an officer pulled over a Google self-driving car that was being tested on local roads.  This happened Nov. 12.

The officer noticed the car going a road-clogging 24 mph in a 35 mph zone.  He saw that it was a Google Autonomous Vehicle. He stopped the car and contacted its operators to let them know it was slowing traffic, but no ticket was given.

A person is required to sit behind the wheel of self-driving cars.

The Google project responded in a blog post, saying it's never gotten a ticket and adding, "Driving too slowly? Bet humans don't get pulled over for that too often."

Why was no ticket issued?

• camerons-bea
    11/17/2015 - 07:18 p.m.

This is really cool that they made a self driving car from Google.
    That the police man didn't gave the constructors a ticket this was really nice of him.

• wilsmaxw198-hod
    11/17/2015 - 07:50 p.m.

Let me tell you why no ticket was issued.
    Because in the text it states that won't give a ticket for driving slowly and because I think that they didn't care that much cause it was a test car.
    That's what I think about the auto driving car!

• william1108-yyca
    11/17/2015 - 08:16 p.m.

WOW! I can't believe that there is a self driving car in real life. But it is sort of right to not get a ticket because no one was looking at the car and or even driving the car. So maybe someone should sit in the back seat next time so it never happens ever again.

• Eric0221-YYCA
    11/17/2015 - 08:17 p.m.

I think that it could have been an disaster because a police car had pulled over to the self-driving car but the policeman didn't give the car a ticket. The self driving car might have been a big hit because the self driving car had slowed down traffic.

• danielm-osb
    11/17/2015 - 08:48 p.m.

it was a test drive and no one was on the steering weel

• John0724-YYCA
    11/17/2015 - 08:51 p.m.

I think that google should not self drive because they could have an incident like this so instead people should not be lazy and drive. But I don't get it because for me I want to drive because it looks fun but if they self drive I see no fun in that. I think that people should stop being lazy because all you need to do is steer the wheels and step on the pedals which I see nothing hard in that.

• tyn-2-bar
    11/17/2015 - 09:56 p.m.

No ticket was issued because there was no one to give it to. "A California police officer made a traffic stop, but wrote no ticket. There was no driver to give it to anyway." There was no one to give it to because it was a self driving car.
    I think that technology is the job destroying wave that we can't stop. I predict that soon, there will be no taxi drivers.

• zeusr-3-bar
    11/17/2015 - 10:23 p.m.

There was no ticket issued because there was no one behind the wheel as stated in this article.

The self driving car was slowing down traffic at 24 mph in a 35 mph zone.

I think that google just wanted to be safe and that's why they slowed down the traffic ahead.

• richardp-wes
    11/18/2015 - 09:13 a.m.

Because it is a self driving car and nobody was in it to give the ticket to

• jamesd-wes
    11/18/2015 - 09:15 a.m.

Because no one was driving and it will be stupid to give a ticket with no one driving not smart