Little League superstar Mo'ne Davis writing a book! Mid-Atlantic Region pitcher Mo'ne Davis throws a pitch at Lamade Stadium in August 2014 (Evan Habeeb / USA TODAY Sports / Reuters)
Little League superstar Mo'ne Davis writing a book!

A memoir when you're still a teenager may seem premature. But not for Mo'ne Davis, the first female pitcher to win a Little League World Series game.

"Mo'ne Davis: Remember My Name" will be released in March by HarperCollins Children's Books.

The honor roll student from Philadelphia became a sensation last summer after leading the Taney Dragons to a 4-0 victory over Nashville, when she was 13 years old.

Known for her long braids and uncommon poise, she has since appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated. She also threw out the first pitch at a major league World Series game and starred in a car commercial directed by Spike Lee. In September, she donated her jersey to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York.

"When I joined an all-boys baseball team, my mom wasn't too happy," Mo'ne said in a statement. "I proved to her (and to me) that I could do anything I set my mind to. I'm just a girl that likes to play sports, and I'm excited to share my story with everyone. I hope it encourages people to take a chance and play the sports they want to play and not just the ones people expect them to play."

This month, she and her fellow Taney Dragons will help kick off the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Financial terms for the book deal were not disclosed. The idea started with a vice president and publishing director at the publisher HarperCollins, Emily Brenner. She worked out details with Davis' coach, Steve Bandura, and Mo'ne's family.

Author Hilary Beard, whose previous collaborations include "Promises Kept: Raising Black Boys to Succeed in School and in Life," will assist Davis. She has already begun interviewing her.

Critical thinking challenge: Why will an author assist Mone? How will that change her book?

• ma2000dragonball
    11/20/2014 - 01:00 p.m.

Another author will probably assist Mine because of the sheer fact that she might have no experience of writing , so she is going to need professional help. This will change her book because since she is a kid it, it will give a sense of maturity to the book.

• DD2000BASEBALL
    11/20/2014 - 01:04 p.m.

An author will assist Mo'ne because she is only 13 and that is a very young age to be writing a book. It will change the book by making the grammar a little better and the story will be told a little better as well.

• GD2000marine
    11/20/2014 - 01:07 p.m.

An author will assist Mo'ne in writing her book because the author will allow Mo'ne to understand the standards for writing a book. This will change her book by making it sound more professional or make it have all the right punctuations, mechanics, and grammar usage.

• RyanSOrange
    11/20/2014 - 02:39 p.m.

This is so cool how a girl can be just as good or bedder than a boy pitcher, and I bet it is a big accomplishment for Mo'ne to be the first female pitcher to win the world series. I think Mo'ne will inspire all genders in baseball and in life.

• 8mariahb
    11/20/2014 - 04:49 p.m.

Mo'ne Davis the first girl pitcher to play for a little league boys baseball team will be releasing her first book. Her book will be published by HarperCollins children books when it is finished. Mo'ne says she wants people to know her story and she wants them to know when she sets her mind to something she going to succeed.

The 5w's.

• JackR-5
    11/20/2014 - 07:35 p.m.

Teenage celebrity Mone Davis is writing a book about her success in the Little League World Series. The first female picture to win a game, Mone Davis is a superstar. She will be donating her jersey to the baseball Hall of Fame soon. She got to throw a ceremonial first pitch any World Series game. Mone will also kick off the Macy's day Thanksgiving parade. Mones getting a lot of attention from her outstanding performance. I think it is great that a girl can pitch such a great game. She is very talented, and very nice.

• Eugene0808-YYCA
    11/20/2014 - 08:40 p.m.

I think this is cool because shortly after winning the Little League World Series game, she decided to write a memoir of her life. It's hard to believe because she is only a teenager. Mo'ne's impact on sports made her very famous. She appeared in Sports Illustrated, a car commercial, and she threw out the first pitch at a major league World Series game. This is how famous she got after winning the Little League. But, the fact that she is going to write her own book is unexpected because she is only a teenager and teenagers almost never write memoirs of her life.
    Critical Thinking Challenge: Why will an author assist Mo'ne? How will that change her book?
    Answer: An author will help Mo'ne because she needs help writing the book and publishing it. That will change her book because the author will revise and edit her book so when the book gets published, it would have an author's quality book.

• JacquelynS-3
    11/20/2014 - 08:46 p.m.

Mo'ne Davis is the first female pitcher to win a Little League World Series game. She may still be young, but she is writing a memoir called "Mo'ne Davis: Remember My Name." It will be released in March. She became a sensation last summer when she lead the Taney Dragons to a 4-0 victory over Nashville. She appeared on the Sports Illustrated cover, threw the first pitch at a major league World Series game, and donated her jersey to the Baseball Hall of Fame. This month she will help kick off the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.

Mo'ne Davis seems like a great inspiration to kids all around the world. I hope she continues to succeed in baseball.

• Jason0421-YYCA
    11/20/2014 - 09:04 p.m.

I think that Mo'ne Davis is amazing for winning a Little League World Series game (people say that girls can't do anything) by being a pitcher. I think that Mo'ne Davis has become really popular after she became the first female to have won a Little League World Series game. I think that this hard earned achievement, and it is going to be known as one of the best achievement in the future.
    Answer: An author might have assisted Mo'ne because the author might have thought that if you assist someone famous, you might get something in return. This might change the book by making it seem better.

• ColeF-5
    11/20/2014 - 09:34 p.m.

Mo'ne Davis is the first girl to win a little league world series. So, like all famous athletes, she decided to go write a book. He book will be about her past experiences. She says "When I joined an all-boys baseball team, my mom wasn't too happy. I proved to her (and to me) that I could do anything I set my mind to. I'm just a girl that likes to play sports, and I'm excited to share my story with everyone. I hope it encourages people to take a chance and play the sports they want to play and not just the ones people expect them to play." This goes to show how influential her book will be.