Dubai unveils a new zip line among towering skyscrapers Two people ride the world's longest urban zip line with a speed of up to 80 kilometers per hour on a one kilometer run from 170 meter to ground level, at the Marina district of Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Tuesday, Dec. 5, 2017. (AP Photo/Kamran Jebreili)
Dubai unveils a new zip line among towering skyscrapers

Dubai is offering thrill-seekers a new way to see its dazzling skyscrapers. It is offering a ride. It is on one of the world's longest zip lines.

The 170 meter-high (558 foot) zip line opens this week. It is called the XLine. It is in Dubai's Marina neighborhood. Those brave enough can whiz past some of Marina's tallest skyscrapers. This goes on for 3,280 feet at a speed of 50 miles/hour.

A similar zip line opened two years ago. It opened near the world's tallest skyscraper in Dubai. The new zip line, however, is double the length. It offers couples the chance to try the thrill together with two zip lines. These run next to one another.

The zip line starts at the top of one of the Marina's towers and lands near the Marina Mall.

Tickets cost around $180 a person (650 dirhams).

Why might someone want to go on this new zip line?

• katherineb-buh
    12/08/2017 - 07:03 p.m.

One of the longest zip lines in the world is in Dubai. It is in the Marina neighborhood. The zip line is called the XLine and goes on for 3280 feet. The cost is 80 dollars per person to ride. There was another one that was built in 2015. They will be in the same location and operate side by side.
    I know that if I were given the opportunity to ride on it, I would. I think that it would be very fun and exciting.

• David M-del
    12/09/2017 - 03:12 p.m.

Because you can see all the skyscrapers and all the other buildings around it.

• kylel-buh
    12/11/2017 - 10:21 a.m.

Dubai unveils a new zip line among towering skyscrapers Two people ride the world's longest urban zip line with a speed of up to 80 kilometres per hour on a one kilometre run from 170 meters to ground level.

MY OPINION IS: That this looks really scary and I wouldn't do it even for a million dollars. but I bet all the thrill seekers would love it.

• graceh-cel
    12/11/2017 - 12:11 p.m.

It is one of the fastest and longest ziplines in the world. This zipline whizzes in between sky scrapers and really attracts the attention of the world's numerous thrill seeking inhabitants.

• sylviemb-buh
    12/11/2017 - 05:38 p.m.

Whoah, this is REALLY cool! I would love to go on this zip line! People probably like to go on its because you could see amazing things from a bird's point of view, like skyscrapers and traffic and people and other cool stuff(s) like that.

• KiaraB-del
    12/11/2017 - 07:27 p.m.

This article was very interesting. It was about people opening a huge zip line in Dubia. It is 170 meters high and (558foot). They say that it is one of the worlds longest zip line ever and they build it so the brave people who go one this zip line can see the sky scrapers.

• AdrianaL-hug
      5/02/2018 - 11:05 a.m.

i agree with you because maybe the people do want go to the zip line.

• ReesePratt-del
    12/11/2017 - 09:05 p.m.

Zip lines are so cool. They are also fun to ride on but a zip line that is that high and long might be scary and unsafe but fun.

• jeremyj-orv
    12/12/2017 - 08:12 a.m.

I think that is a great idea, I would love to do it. But I think I would be to scared at the last moment.

• ethanm-orv
    12/12/2017 - 11:13 a.m.

I would want to do this but I would be scared to death.