Dubai unveils a new zip line among towering skyscrapers Two people ride the world's longest urban zip line with a speed of up to 80 kilometers per hour on a one kilometer run from 170 meter to ground level, at the Marina district of Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Tuesday, Dec. 5, 2017. (AP Photo/Kamran Jebreili)
Dubai unveils a new zip line among towering skyscrapers

Assign to Google Classroom

Dubai is offering thrill-seekers a new way to see its dazzling skyscrapers. It is offering a ride. It is on one of the world's longest zip lines.

The 170 meter-high (558 foot) zip line opens this week. It is called the XLine. It is in Dubai's Marina neighborhood. Those brave enough can whiz past some of Marina's tallest skyscrapers. This goes on for 3,280 feet at a speed of 50 miles/hour.

A similar zip line opened two years ago. It opened near the world's tallest skyscraper in Dubai. The new zip line, however, is double the length. It offers couples the chance to try the thrill together with two zip lines. These run next to one another.

The zip line starts at the top of one of the Marina's towers and lands near the Marina Mall.

Tickets cost around $180 a person (650 dirhams).

Why might someone want to go on this new zip line?

• katherineb-buh
    12/08/2017 - 07:03 p.m.

One of the longest zip lines in the world is in Dubai. It is in the Marina neighborhood. The zip line is called the XLine and goes on for 3280 feet. The cost is 80 dollars per person to ride. There was another one that was built in 2015. They will be in the same location and operate side by side.
    I know that if I were given the opportunity to ride on it, I would. I think that it would be very fun and exciting.

• David M-del
    12/09/2017 - 03:12 p.m.

Because you can see all the skyscrapers and all the other buildings around it.

• Kyle-E2
    12/11/2017 - 10:21 a.m.

Dubai unveils a new zip line among towering skyscrapers Two people ride the world's longest urban zip line with a speed of up to 80 kilometres per hour on a one kilometre run from 170 meters to ground level.

MY OPINION IS: That this looks really scary and I wouldn't do it even for a million dollars. but I bet all the thrill seekers would love it.

• graceh-cel
    12/11/2017 - 12:11 p.m.

It is one of the fastest and longest ziplines in the world. This zipline whizzes in between sky scrapers and really attracts the attention of the world's numerous thrill seeking inhabitants.

• Nathan A-der
    12/11/2017 - 12:21 p.m.

I think that it is a smart idea so you can see all over the city and over the water instead of travailing in a car because sometimes people can get carsick.

• Wren G-der
    12/11/2017 - 12:31 p.m.

I think someone might want to go on the new zip line because someone might want to see all of the city and the beautiful skyscrapers.

• Valerie D-der
    12/11/2017 - 12:45 p.m.

I think someone might want to go on the new zip line because it is probably a thrilling experience and you can see the whole city.

• Taliana M-der
    12/11/2017 - 12:46 p.m.

I think it is awesome how they can add something that you would see in a big park or in the forest in to a big city so you can glide across the city and see it far up in the sky.

• Lucy F-der
    12/11/2017 - 12:56 p.m.

I think that is very cool, but I wonder what country this zip-line is located in?

• Lucy F-der
    12/11/2017 - 01:02 p.m.

Someone might want to go on this zip-line because I think riding it is very fun and offers a beautiful view of the city.