Do subliminal messages really work? (Thinkstock)
Do subliminal messages really work?

You asked us, "Do subliminal messages really work?"
We a're pretty sure the answer is no. But just in case, we may throw in a subliminal surprise or two to see if you are paying attention.
Just kidding?
Subliminal messaging is the idea that someone can flash an image or sound just for an instant. It sneaks past your conscious mind into your subconscious. And it eventually affects your behavior.
The thought is a scary one.  I mean, no one wants to be someone else's pawn, right?
But the question is, does it work?
Well, I am not embellishing when I say that a lot of people have spent a lot of time looking into the success of subliminal messaging. And the long and short of it is there is not a heck of a lot of definite evidence to show that it can influence our behavior.
So, go watch TV, listen to music and make decisions of your own free will. And then come back and watch more stories like this every day at

How can a message that sneaks past your consciousness affect your behavior?

• Eugene0808-YYCA
    10/07/2015 - 07:27 p.m.

I think this is important to know because this sometimes happens in scary movies. A pop up can stay with you until you are not scared of it. Even for me, there was a pop up of a scary image and then that image stayed in my head. This is really scary because you start to act paranoid. This can have scary results.
    How can a message that sneaks past your consciousness affect your behavior?
    A message that sneaks past your consciousness can affect your behavior by staying in your subconsiousness.

• ryan0420-yyca
    10/07/2015 - 08:40 p.m.

I think that it is weird if a message or video goes through your brain it affects your behavior. I think what happens is the video or picture flows through your head and it gives you a thought about the message. Also the way your head thinks is the way the image will come out.

• Jason0421-YYCA
    10/07/2015 - 08:55 p.m.

I think that it is interesting and scary for subliminal messages to be able to get to your subconscious side. I think that it is interesting because there aren't many things that can go through your subconscious mind. I think that it is scary because you can potentially be brainwashed.

• jamest-gon
    10/08/2015 - 11:43 a.m.

It would problay be some thing you would not want to hear

• carrahd-gon
    10/08/2015 - 12:16 p.m.

It can make you act differently or affect your brain

• analeye-
    10/08/2015 - 01:04 p.m.

This is very good because many people watch subtitiles.

• k'lap-
    10/08/2015 - 01:07 p.m.

The messages can be containing negative things.

• annabel1226-yyca
    10/08/2015 - 09:13 p.m.

I think it will work..., but won't it be bad to do it. Like in the religious groups like Christians they won't let them do it... I think it is bad...? What if it did work. Then the tween tribune is wrong because they said it won't definitely work. But if it works the tween tribune will be in a big trouble by us...(the kids).

• hoad-
    10/09/2015 - 09:15 a.m.

I think that the thing that surprised me is that it's affect your behavior.

What the author thinks that I have already know is that it's going to be bad if it's affect your behavior.

I don't know anything about this story is all new to me.

• alexanderc-
    10/09/2015 - 09:16 a.m.

It can affect your behavior by saying that Its the right thing to do and then you end up doing something that you think is right but is actually wrong and you pay the price for doing it