White House has no comment on deporting Bieber These police booking mugs show pop star Justin Bieber. Bieber was arrested for allegedly drag-racing on a Miami Beach Street
White House has no comment on deporting Bieber

The White House has two words for those who want President Barack Obama to deport Justin Bieber: No comment.

Nearly 275,000 people signed an Internet petition calling the Canadian-born teen idol reckless and asking Obama to revoke his green card. That's far more than required to merit an official response through the White House's "We the People" program.

The White House says it's sorry to disappoint, but it won't be commenting. It's citing a caveat that lets the White House decline to address certain petitions.

But the White House is using the occasion to argue that an immigration overhaul could shrink deficits by nearly $1 trillion over two decades. The White House says that's equivalent to 12.5 billion concert tickets or 100 billion copies of Bieber's debut album.

Critical thinking challenge: As a citizen of Canada, how does Justin Bieber benefit the United States if at all?

• RMansaray123
    4/21/2014 - 08:42 a.m.

Reckless indeed. I don't know much about JB besides the comments that say he went to jail bla bla bla or he was band from so so and so, that's pretty much all I know he is capable of. I think JB should be restrained a bit because he's going wild. Taking away his green card might just do that. But we can never know for sure right?

• OwenShields98
    4/21/2014 - 10:21 a.m.

Yes, it would be good to see Beiber gone but he does produce a lot of money but he doesn't have to e a dick about it and he is a just a young punk who doesn't know what he is getting in to.

• granttmawd
    4/21/2014 - 10:29 a.m.

Justin does not benefit the united states at all. Justin benefits from the united states. He gets our money and sets bad examples (but he is only the biggest teen inspiration right?).

• isaiahbword
    4/21/2014 - 10:34 a.m.

Just because you think someone is gay or makes bad music doesnt mean you have the right to deport them. Justin Bieber isn't exactly a good musician. But thats an opinion, some people do think he is a good musician. He will make a few songs and then he will get old and everyone will forget about him. SO there is no point in making all these petitions to deport someone when they are just trying to make money

• molly0221
    4/21/2014 - 02:26 p.m.

Deporting Justin Beiber would just cause more problems for America and be a bad move. Don't underestimate the Bieber fan girls, they can do more damage than you think.

• tatyannal-Koc
    4/21/2014 - 07:08 p.m.

I think this is all idiotic. Not only because i am a justin bieber fan but the white house has better things to do then deport justin bieber. The reason for doing it too is just ridiculos everyone has messed up and he is still just a kid and his not perfect so people shouldn't expect so much from him..

• brentho66
    4/21/2014 - 07:42 p.m.

A petition was created for the deporting of Justin Bieber and it had nearly 275,000 signatures. I believe that the petition was a good idea because it alerted the white house about the ruckus Justin Bieber has caused to humanity and the fact that over 250,000 people signed it is crazy. The white house should deport him back because he has abused his green card of living here in the US. I wish he eventually gets deported back to Canada because I do not want him to be in America.

• NicoK-5
    4/21/2014 - 08:07 p.m.

Justin Bieber will not be deported to Canada. I, for one think this is stupid. 275,000 people signed a petition to have him leave the country. Both of my parents signed the petition. If I could sign it, I would.
    I don't like this article because it Justin Bieber will NOT be deported. I think that's DUMB.

• savannahf-5
    4/21/2014 - 09:00 p.m.

This article is about U.S citizens who want Justin Bieber deported back to Canada. Recently, 275,000 people signed an Internet petition to revoke Justin's green card. They sent it to the White House and they didn't want to comment on it. I think that the White House should have told them what they thought about it. I'm not that big of a fan of Justin Bieber but I don't think he should get deported.

• KH20deus
    4/22/2014 - 08:43 a.m.

about time i telling you these beiber fever kids need to realize whats going on and make this guy influences kids. while hes doing drugs and getting arrested people singing his song so goright a head take away his green card.