What would you do if you found a bag of money? (Thinkstock)
What would you do if you found a bag of money?

The Deseret News reports the 75-pound bag tumbled out of a truck driving in front of Dan Kennedy on Interstate 80 and when he looked inside, he found stacks of cash.

"I thought it was going to be light, I reached down to grab it and I couldn't move it," Kennedy said.

Approximately 4 feet tall and 2 feet wide, the sack was filled with smaller bags packed with currency including $50 and $100 bills and Kennedy estimated each of the small bags contained $22,000.

It was unclear how much money the entire bag contained.

The three Utah Highway Patrol troopers were "stunned" at the bag of money, Kennedy said.

Kennedy said it never occurred to him to do anything other than turn in the money.

"He hadn't disturbed it at all, so he obviously did the right thing for the right reason," said Zaugg, who said Kennedy reported his find to the police immediately.

Kennedy said he hasn't heard anything about a reward for his good deed, but he was still excited by the unusual discovery.

"I was just jazzed all day long," he said.

Critical thinking challenge: Why was the bag orange?

• AutumnN14
    4/13/2015 - 05:53 p.m.

What that man did was incredibly generous. I honestly never would've thought about trying to find the truck who lost it, but then again, I don't think so much about the obvious. Anyway, even though I would need the money, or not, I would probably keep it if it had a reasonable amount. But since it contained thousands of dollars... I would turn it in some place safe. No bag of money should ever be left on the road like that ever again!

• SpencerR-2
    4/13/2015 - 10:27 p.m.

This article is about a man who was driving on a highway on a normal day and made an astounding discovery. He had found a bag on the side of the road containing money. This money came from an armored truck that was driving behind him. He had then brought the money to his working parking lot and called the police. He returned the money and they were very grateful for it.

This article was very interesting and how i have never heard of anything like this before.

• hannaht-Goo
    4/14/2015 - 09:22 a.m.

The bag of money he found was orange. The text states, "A Utah man got a surprise when he stopped to pull a large orange bag off the highway, fearing that it would become a traffic hazard." The text also states, "Kennedy tried but failed to chase down the Brink's armored truck that had lost the bag, so he then drove the money to his work parking lot and called the police." The armored truck hit a big bump in the road and the back of the truck opened and the orange bag fell out. All the bags that contain the money in the armored truck were contained in orange bags. The evidence from the text clarifies why the bag that fell out of the truck was orange.

• hopeb-Goo
    4/14/2015 - 09:55 a.m.

The bag was orange because it was suppose to be a traffic use and the man was picking up stuff and found the bag and saw that it had money in it.The text states"It was unclear how much money the entire bag contained." The text also states Brink's employees told police they drove over a bad bump on a highway off-ramp but didn't notice the back latch opening or the bag falling out." this proves that"Never in all my years have I heard of a bag of money bouncing out of the back of an armored truck," said trooper Brady Zaugg. "That's something that happens in the spy movies." if i found the money i would try to figure out who it belonged to.

• Time-Pav
    4/14/2015 - 10:07 a.m.

Wow that was crazy! IF this ever happens to me I would definitely do the same thing as Kennedy. On the the end of the story, if I were the person who lost the bag I probably would have a heart attack! This is a very wonderful and it is very admiring. But if I was in the mood, maybe I would keep the money. But that is only if I am desperate. But most likely I would call the police like Kennedy did.

• AustinE-Ver
    4/14/2015 - 10:51 a.m.

if I ever find a bad full of money I wouldn't be desperate and I would call the police and let them know I found a huge bag of money and if I was that guy I would lose it if I was desperate for cash I would keep it but I'm not so I wouldn't keep it and do the same thing Kennedy did

• MaxG-4
    4/14/2015 - 11:53 a.m.

This article is about a man from Utah finding a bag of money, containing approximately 22,000 dollars in cash. It fell out of the back of an armored truck. Despite what most would have done, he turned it into the police. They were shocked to discover it had fallen out, due to the fact they had not noticed any latches loose or doors open. Though he hasn't received a reward he is happy about finding it and being helpful.

I enjoyed this article, because of the fact of being so lucky to find that much money. Most lucky enough to find the money wouldn't return it, and honestly most would say they would, then not. It would even be a hard dilemma for me. I would like to say I would return, and I probably would in the end but not without a lot of self-doubt.

• TreyvaunT
    4/14/2015 - 01:24 p.m.

I would keep the money, but think wisely where I would put it. That much money, somebody is going to come looking for it for sure.

• Haley Patterson
    4/14/2015 - 01:31 p.m.

I have to say that I would probably keep it. If it had a name on it then I would probably return it but I don't know, that would be a very hard decision to make.

• MadisonSch
    4/14/2015 - 01:43 p.m.

If I found a bag of money, I would store it in my room until after collage. Then I would use it to buy clothes and a house.