Theyre sisters, co-valedictorians and twins Gabby Munoz Robles and Maria Munoz Robles (Caryn Haller The Record-Courier)
Theyre sisters, co-valedictorians and twins

Identical twin sisters have achieved an identical distinction at a northern Nevada high school: They're co-valedictorians.

Gabby and Maria Munoz-Robles received the honor by each racking up 4.54 grade point averages at Douglas High School in Minden, about 40 miles south of Reno.

If she got the A, its like I got the A, too, Maria told the Record-Courier newspaper. A lot of people want us to be separate, but we enjoy it. When we give each other hugs, I feel like Im hugging myself.

The sisters both plan to attend Notre Dame in the fall and major in biomedical engineering. But the university is not allowing them to live in the same dormitory.

I told them I was OK with it," Maria said. "But we share everything from straighteners to clothes. So now we have to get our own stuff.

The sisters say that they eventually want to attend graduate school and conduct cancer and arthritis research together.

Both sisters have been involved in track, cross country and band at Douglas High.

It's the first time in the school's history that twins have been co-valedictorians.

Critical thinking challenge: Why hasnt this happened before at Douglas High?

• NATASHARS-ZDE
    6/04/2014 - 11:59 a.m.

Twins are so weird. It's hard to grasp the idea that someone could spend so much time together and still not want to be separated. Most siblings don't even want to share a room together let alone succeed together in the same fields. This is inspiring.

• JD27FASHION
    6/04/2014 - 01:02 p.m.

Wow! That's awesome. I always wished I had a twin sister. Or even a sister period. Instead I'm stuck with the meanest brother ever. For them to be co-valedictorians makes this story a big achievement. usually they say there's one bath twin and one good twin. Doesn't seem like it in this case.

• KAYLIEC-ZDE
    6/04/2014 - 09:05 p.m.

Twins are so rare and its cool to see tow twins graduating. Having just graduated the 8th grade, I know that graduation ceremony can be a lot of fun. Mine was enjoyable because my favorite teacher, Ms. Zdenek made a fantastic speech.

• ROBERTS-ZDE
    6/04/2014 - 09:05 p.m.

This is purely amazing. What are the oddsthat two twins are born. Then the twins go on to be great validictorian caliber students. This goes to show what hard work dedication and sibling motivation can do.

• NIKKIS-ZDE
    6/04/2014 - 10:04 p.m.

the question is why do you want to be so similar to your twin sister? i have a twin sister, and were nothing alike and we don't want to be. wouldn't you get sick of achieving the same things as your sister.like having the same goals and life aspirations.

• ashleyc-4
    6/05/2014 - 12:56 a.m.

This article is about two twin sisters. The sisters attend a northern nevada high school together and both plan to go to Notre Dame in the fall. Gabby and Maria are co- valedictorians and have both done track, cross country and were part of the Douglas High band. The sisters can't dorm together but they both want to conduct cancer and arthritis research together. The sisters both had 4.54 grade point averages. i think its sort of weird to be that close to your sister. I mean, they're pretty much the same person with two bodies.

• 3TaylorO
    6/05/2014 - 12:41 p.m.

I think it's awesome to be sisters and have the greatest grade point average in the school! But
    why would you want to do everything the same? They have been doin that for their whole life and for college or their jobs they should go seprate ways to try new things out!

• kw18green
    6/05/2014 - 12:59 p.m.

Wow, its nice to see people ac hive such great things now days. why Douglas high hasn't had such an event happen before because maybe students where weren't very compelled to do something like together. other than that whose knows.

• 8GracieD
    6/05/2014 - 02:23 p.m.

I think that it is very interesting that they are both so smart. Also, I find it kind of strange how alike they are. If I had a twin sister, I'm sure that I would not be interested in the same things as her. Gabby and Maria are going to the same college and they are going for the same degrees. Although I understand that they shouldn't always be together, I think that the school should allow them to share a dorm. I don't understand why they would make them separate after they have already been together their whole lives.

• 9MorganK
    6/05/2014 - 09:54 p.m.

To be honest I think this is absolutely amazing! They are so blessed to share such amazing moments with each other and always have each other's backs. I think they are both deffenitely going to have a very bright future. I'm jealous that they get to be sisters and become co- valedictorians and it sounds like they earned it. Overall this is one of the coolest and luckiest things that could possible happen an I wish tem luck.