Mom wants to give her daughter an awesome name Lisa Flores poses with her daughter, Viviana, 2 and son, Dominic, 15
Mom wants to give her daughter an awesome name

A Juneau, Alaska, woman wants to give her daughter an awesome middle name. Literally.

Lisa Flores is seeking court approval to legally change her daughter's middle name to Awesome.

The Juneau Empire reports Awesome would replace the given middle name of Contea for 2 1/2-year-old Viviana Flores.

Mom allowed her 11-year-old son to initially pick out his sister's name. Dominic wanted her first name to be Danger, something Mom vetoed. He came back with Awesome for a middle name, but Lisa picked "Contea" at the last minute.

She now wants the name changed to honor her son's wishes and to thank Dominic for all he has done to help her.

He says the "cool" name will allow her to tell people all her life that she has an "Awesome" middle name.

Critical thinking challenge: What problems could a name like Danger create?

• kw18green
    6/11/2014 - 01:00 p.m.

what wrong with "danger' as a name would give people a bad vibe from. Or maybe it's not a very postive middle name that people can use.

• Chelsey7
    6/11/2014 - 10:41 p.m.

I like that Lisa is trying to change her daughters name to honor her son. I also think that her middle name would be different if it get changed. I like different because it give it a special feature in her name and I think that would be cool. I hope when she grows up, she will like it because it probably took her mom a long time to get it changed. I also hope people will like her middle name because how different it is.

• HanahW
    6/12/2014 - 09:54 a.m.

I think that would be cool I guess. Personally I wouldn't want that name but whatever. If her name was danger though she might have trouble making friends or she might have the reputation as being danger to others. That wouldn't be very good. They can do what they want to do though.

• JD27FASHION
    6/12/2014 - 12:58 p.m.

Its weird she wants to name her daughter awesome. Personally I wouldn't. However she did and if she wants to do it to honor her sons wishes then so be it.

• kw12pink
    6/12/2014 - 01:02 p.m.

I don't think that she should change her middle name to "awsome" because that may cause some problems with the media. Especially in school she may get teased for her middle name. I think her mother should keep her middle name the way it is.

• LucP-5
    6/12/2014 - 10:46 p.m.

This article is about a mom who wants to name her kids middle name Awesome. She wants to name her kids middle name Awesome to honor what her son wanted it to be first. The mom is now seeking court approval for the name change. The person who is getting the name change is 2 1/2 year old Viviana. Her brother thought that it would be "Awesome" to have a middle name like that. I think that it would be pretty fun to have that be your middle name. I also think that it might not be the best decision because who knows what that kid will think about it if she gets that name.

• joshm-5
    6/13/2014 - 01:20 a.m.

This article is about a women who wanted to give her daughter an awesome middle name. She legally changed her daughter's middle name to Awesome. The Mom let her son choose the middle name - so he chose Danger. The Mom did not allow it, and made it Contea. Now, She is changing to Awesome, to honor her son's wishes and to "thank Dominic for all her has done to help her" I think that this girl will get through with an interesting life when she tells her peers that her middle name is Awesome. That's Awesome.

• NicoleK-5
    6/13/2014 - 01:27 a.m.

In Juneau, Alaska, a woman is waiting for the courts approval to legally change her 2 1/2 year old daughters middle name to "awesome." The woman's 15 year old son decided that it would be funny to tell people that she has an "awesome" middle name. Personally, I think this is stupid. Being a teenage girl, I know that this girl will regret her middle name once she turns about 12.

• JohnP-4
    6/13/2014 - 10:45 a.m.

I don't understand why this story is even on tween tribune because personally I don't think that somebody wanting to rename thier kids middle name to "awesome", is very interesting or should even be considered news. The whole reason she wants to change the name is because she wants to honor her eleven year old sons choice of naming his sister "awesome", I sincerely think that this article doesn't deserve to be on here.

• KadeB-2