Little League superstar Mo'ne Davis writing a book! Mid-Atlantic Region pitcher Mo'ne Davis throws a pitch at Lamade Stadium in August 2014 (Evan Habeeb / USA TODAY Sports / Reuters)
Little League superstar Mo'ne Davis writing a book!

A memoir when you're still a teenager may seem premature, but not for Mo'ne Davis, the first female pitcher to win a Little League World Series game.

"Mo'ne Davis: Remember My Name" will be released in March by HarperCollins Children's Books.

The honor roll student from Philadelphia became a sensation last summer after leading the Taney Dragons to a 4-0 victory over Nashville, when she was 13 years old.

Known for her long braids and uncommon poise, she has since appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated, thrown out the first pitch at a major league World Series game and starred in a car commercial directed by Spike Lee. In September, she donated her jersey to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York.

"When I joined an all-boys baseball team, my mom wasn't too happy," Mo'ne said in a statement. "I proved to her (and to me) that I could do anything I set my mind to. I'm just a girl that likes to play sports, and I'm excited to share my story with everyone," she said. "I hope it encourages people to take a chance and play the sports they want to play and not just the ones people expect them to play."

This month, she and her fellow Taney Dragons will help kick off the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Financial terms for the book deal were not disclosed. The idea started with a vice president and publishing director at the publisher HarperCollins, Emily Brenner, who worked out details with Davis' coach, Steve Bandura, and her family.

Author Hilary Beard, whose previous collaborations include "Promises Kept: Raising Black Boys to Succeed in School and in Life," will assist Davis and has already begun interviewing her.

The experience has been "pretty fun," Davis told the AP during a brief telephone interview, but there is a downside.

"If I want to do homework early I can't because I've got to meet with Hilary," she said.

Critical thinking challenge: Why will an author assist Mone? How will that change her book?

• TF00Music
    11/20/2014 - 01:04 p.m.

They will assist mo'ne because I mean, you want a book to seem professional. It will change the book from being told by the girl to being actually written by her and it will be more interesting when the book has more professional author qualities.

• NashMcComsey-Ste
    11/20/2014 - 01:22 p.m.

Interesting to see someone with both an interest with baseball and with writing. Those are two seemingly polar hobbies, but she enjoy's both. As someone who enjoys, I think it's great to see more people turning to the art.

• 9RileyM
    11/20/2014 - 04:56 p.m.

Critical thinking challenge: An author could be working with her just because with school she might not have time to do it alone or possibly she could need professional help with it. Also it would be able to state the players perspective and the fans perspective of her playing with an authors assistance. But having the assistance can change the book because it might not contain all details. Plus it would change because Hilary Beard could add some things Mo'ne might not want added. So the assistance can be an advantage and disadvantages with the advantages being both perspectives and disadvantages being disagreements.

• 8sydneyh
    11/20/2014 - 05:29 p.m.

Response type: 5 w's

Mone Davis is the first female pitcher to win a Little League World Series game. She is going to write a book about her experience playing baseball on an all boys team, the Taney Dragons. She played with them last summer and is publishing her book in March called Mo'ne Davis: Remember My Name. Her book is being published in New York by HarperCollins. Mone wants to teach people that they should take chances and that they should play whatever sports they want. They shouldnt have to play the sports that people want them to.

• 1MadiB
    11/20/2014 - 08:21 p.m.

*Create your own interpretation of what the story is about*
    -This story is about a young baseball player that was very successful. She was only 13 years old when she won The little league world series. Since then, she has joined an all boys team for more of a challenge for herself. Also, she donated her jersey to the baseball hall of fame in New York. Lastly, she will be in the Macy's Day Thanksgiving Day Parade with her proud team to have accomplished so much. In the end, this young baseball player is also writing a book on her experiences while she has been on this journey.

• 3MaddieMO
    11/20/2014 - 09:42 p.m.

Mo'ne Davis is the first female pitcher to ever win a Little League World Series. Mo'ne will be writing a memoir, called "Mo'ne Davis: Remember My Name". "When I joined an all-boys baseball team, my mom wasn't too happy," Mo'ne said . "I proved to her (and to me) that I could do anything I set my mind to. I'm just a girl that likes to play sports, and I'm excited to share my story with everyone." Mo'ne Davis is an inspiration to young girls, and even boys, everywhere. She shared during a phone interview that the whole experience has been "pretty fun." Her book will be released in March.

Type of response: creating a thorough summary of the article that answers the 5 W Qs

• BrigitteA-3
    11/20/2014 - 10:25 p.m.

13 year old Mon Davis is the girl pitcher on an all boys baseballs game. Over the summer, she led her baseball team to the championships and won first place int he world. Now, Mon Davis just published her own personal narrative at age thirteen. She hopes to inspire many people and show them no matter what others think that you should always follow your dreams. I think that it is really cool how she has inspired so many people and continues to. I love how even though many people doubted her, she continued on chasing her dreams and never lost hope.

• DD2001green
    11/21/2014 - 08:41 a.m.

I think a author would assist Mo'ne because she's young and she is going to need a lot of help she can get. It will change her book by looking like a professional book when a author helps her.

• 8melaniec
    11/21/2014 - 12:40 p.m.

Mo'ne Davis is a girl who played on a all boys baseball team and has inspired many people and she is now writing a book about it. She has been talking to publishers about her book and it is moving along. She is writing the book to show girls and boys that they should play any sport they want and be who they want to be. Mo'ne has inspired many and hopes that her book will help do the same. Mo'ne said her mother was skeptical when she first wanted to play baseball with boys but now she supports her.

• 5KirstenA
    11/21/2014 - 12:59 p.m.

I think that its cool that Mo'ne Davis is writing a book. It could be inspirational to some kids to read about a kid, especially a girl who can throw so well.