This little dogs got the moves! Jiff, a 4-year-old Pomeranian, walks on his two front legs on the floor in his Los Angeles home (AP photos)
This little dogs got the moves!

Jiff was already cute, lovable and talented and now he's proven he's speedy too.

The 4-year-old, 5-pound Pomeranian blazed into the 60th edition of the Guinness World Records book that comes out Sept. 10.

He can run 10 meters (9.1 yards) on his hind legs in 6.56 seconds and 5 meters (4.55 yards) on his front paws in 7.76 seconds. Both times are faster than any other dog on the planet has clocked.

It's the first glimpse of the new book, and Jiff appears in it in 3-D. He's used to the spotlight, as a regular on television, a model and a social media phenom. His owners have remained anonymous so they don't detract from his popularity.

Besides running, Jiff also shakes, closes doors, covers his eyes, stamps his autograph, bows and skateboards.

Critical thinking challenge: If Jiffs owners revealed their identities, how could that interfere with Jiffs popularity?

• Tims-Wit
    9/02/2014 - 10:46 a.m.

Jiff is a magnificent dog. He is a very athletic dog and can do human like stunts. Jiff is a entertaining dog and if i had the chance to see him in person I would take it. Other owners though should take Jiff as a role modle and teach there dogs some fancy tricks. Jiff keep up the good work and work harder to stay the champ.

• ylindsay24
    9/03/2014 - 09:33 a.m.

I think this article is so interesting. I cant believe that a dog so small can run that fast and on his front paws, it just blows my mind. Answering the critical thinking question, i think if jiffs owners revealed their identities and how it could interfere with his popularity is that jiffs owners are gonna get all the credit and the fame might be directed towards jiffs owners.

• dringgold-Cla
    9/04/2014 - 12:12 p.m.

i wish had a dog that can do tricks like that. if i had a dog like that i would put my dog in

• Arigirl16
    9/05/2014 - 12:49 p.m.

i wish I was that dog I want to bust some moves if you know what I mean.And mabey me and that cute dog can bust a move.And we will call are selfs the funk. Il'll get a matching nose and ears. I'll teach that cute dog to skate. Go dog

• yarelyo-Koc
    9/05/2014 - 02:43 p.m.

This little dog is so cute ! He has a lot of talent . The speed he runs is cool because he can run really fast for a little dog that he is .

• Omarse-Fre
    9/09/2014 - 01:18 p.m.

According to the text, Jiff can run 10 meters in 6.56 seconds and also run 5 meters in 7.76 seconds on his hind legs. The article also mentioned he blazed into the 60th edition of the Guinness World Records book that comes out on Sept. 10. The article also mentioned that he could close doors, shake, cover his eyes, skateboard, and stamps his autograph. Also the article said that," He appears in 3D in the book". In conclusion this dog is amazing to me.

• tyresel-Orv
    9/09/2014 - 08:33 p.m.

This dog must be in good shape if he can run that distance in 6 seconds. Although the dog in the picture looks fake I do believe it's true. I feel like the dog isn't trying to dance, but I think he/she is trying to get the jacket off.

• tyresel-Orv
    9/09/2014 - 08:33 p.m.

• NJ2001Game
    9/15/2014 - 12:57 p.m.

People would come up with stereotypes and stop Liking Jeff because of his parents race, beliefs, or even how they look. I Personally would not mind they trained Jeff they deserve popularity.

• TaylorHartman-Ste
    9/15/2014 - 02:35 p.m.

It is quite interesting to read about a small dog that can easily acquire so much and run so fast. I wouldn't expect this dog to be this speedy by the looks of her.