You’ve got questions. Eric has answers. Dr. Eric Schulze answers your questions in a rapid-fire round. (Thinkstock)
You’ve got questions. Eric has answers.

You asked us a lot of questions. And now I'm going to try to answer as many as I possibly can in 45 seconds. So ready the timer, please, let's do this.

Are dogs colorblind? No.

How long does it take light to travel to Earth from the Sun? It takes 8 minutes, 20 seconds.

Who invented dental floss? A New Orleans dentist named Levi Spear Parmly in 1815.

Are we alone in the universe?  Maybe.

When can I have a robot butler?  Most likely it will be soon!

Who was the tallest person ever known? That would be Robert Wadlow, who in 1940, measured in at 8 feet 11.1 inches.

How many people have walked on the moon? Twelve.

How did life begin? I'll pass on that question.

What makes us human? Really? I'll pass here too.

Could a coin falling from the Empire State Building kill me? No, it can't.

Is it true that no two snowflakes are alike? Pretty much, yes.

Who was the first woman to win a Nobel Prize? You mean 2 Nobel prizes. Marie Curie in 1903 and 1911.

Who's your favorite science figure of all time? Carl Sagan.

Do you like long walks on the beach? Yes.  Wait, what?

That ends our lighting round. And on a very weird note. But for more insightful videos like this, check us out every day at Smithsonian.com.

I can see sunlight. Why does it take so long for the sun's light to reach Earth?

• markm-3-bar
    2/03/2016 - 11:02 p.m.

The sun is very far away from earth so it takes long for the light to reach us. Just over is a very long time considering how fast light travels so that shows just how far we really are from the sun. Just like if you throw a football to someone it doesn't just get there immediately, it takes time to travel, as does the Suns light reaching earth.

• brandonc1-rob
    2/04/2016 - 09:41 a.m.

Their is a long stream of sunlight that continuosly shines on earth once one beam goes away another one is already there.

• joeld2-rob
    2/04/2016 - 09:43 a.m.

I never knew that it only took about eight minutes for sun light to reach the earth.

• xaviert-rob
    2/04/2016 - 09:44 a.m.

because its probably being blocked every now & then.

• coralg-rob
    2/04/2016 - 09:45 a.m.

You can still see sunlight because as sun light comes out, other comes in. Also the sun is always there.

• erickc-rob
    2/04/2016 - 09:46 a.m.

It takes so long for sunlight to reach Earth because we have a atmosphere and it has to go sunlight has to go through it. Not all sunlight will reach Earth the stratosphere has an ozone layer which protects us from the Ultra-Violet sun rays. That is why it take 8 minutes and 20 seconds for light to get to Earth

• sashag1-rob
    2/04/2016 - 01:39 p.m.

This was a very insightful article it showed me new facts the I did'nt know about and also wanted me to find out how many questions I can answer in 45 seconds.

• antonios-rob
    2/04/2016 - 01:41 p.m.

It takes so long for the sunlight to reach the earth because the sun is 92.96 million miles away from the earth. If I kick a soccer ball even though it might be going 95MPH it will still take a while for the ball to hit the goal.

• katlynd1-rob
    2/04/2016 - 01:41 p.m.

its because it takes 8 minutes and 20 seconds to come

• lemeshiam1-rob
    2/04/2016 - 01:41 p.m.

I thought dogs were colorblind. I didn't know 12 people walked on the moon. There is so many things on here that i didn't know.