Here comes another hotter than normal summer People play beachside games, Saturday, May 20, 2017, in Seaside Heights, N.J. Casino Pier. The National Weather Service is predicting a warmer than normal summer. (AP Photo/Julio Cortez/AP Photo/Chris O'Meara)
Here comes another hotter than normal summer

Forecasters are calling for another warmer than normal summer. At least for most of the country, they say. We can expect wetter weather, too. That will be in a band of states. These stretch from Texas to Montana.

The National Weather Service's summer outlook says there is a greater chance for hot weather in Alaska. And pretty much everywhere else.

There are states that may not be as hot. These include Montana, Wyoming and the Dakotas. Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska are also included. Kansas and parts of Missouri and Colorado may not be as hot.

Stephen Baxter is one of the forecasters. He said it may not be as hot as recent summers. That is due to rain-soaked soil. It is from a wet spring. It may keep the heat down.
Baxter forecasts a wetter than normal summer for Alaska. It may also be wetter in parts of the already soggy Great Plains.

Meteorologists also said April was the second warmest April on record globally.

What can you do to prepare for a hot summer?

• ashleel-kut
    6/01/2017 - 07:54 a.m.

I like hotter weather but also dislike it. Warmer weather means getting outside more and doing activities like riding bikes, tubing, jet skiing, water balloon fights, swimming etc.But hotter weather also means more peeling from sunburns, excessive sweating, more spending money to buy water,etc. The weather is already hot enough as it is and the weather doesn't need to get hotter.

• scarlettea-kut
    6/05/2017 - 07:51 a.m.

I think that a warmer summer will be great! You can get super tan and eat a lot of popsicles. If it is a wet summer all of your flowers can get watered. I think that it is bad that Alaska will be warm because all of the polar bears and seals will be way to hot and possibly die if the weather is to warm.

• Gaelh-vie
    6/05/2017 - 10:19 p.m.

I feel like this summer is going to be hotter and special than the other summer's before

• ethant-kut
    6/06/2017 - 03:13 p.m.

For a person like me, having a warm summer is good because I like to swim, fish, ride my bike, hang out with friends and pretty much anything outside I like. The warmer the better!

• ErickCH-man
    6/14/2017 - 12:31 p.m.

i like hot weather better than cold weather. I like it because you can do more things.I play soccer, go to the river, go to the beach and more.{^_^}

• AbigailC-man1
    6/14/2017 - 12:34 p.m.

I love the hotter weather because o can eat more ice-cream and go to the beach more often. The thing that I don't like hotter weather is that more bugs come I'm not a bug person. I still love hotter weather it doesn't matter to me where I am or where I go I will always love it the hot air and for me it doesn't matter if I'm going to melt I will always love hotter weather.

• IsavellC-man
    6/15/2017 - 01:46 p.m.

i cant wait until the hot weather comes:) summer is my favorite because we get time off form school.

• DanielM-man
    6/15/2017 - 01:50 p.m.

I like hot weather because you can go anywhere you can play outside go to a beach maybe a river or play soccer. When its raining you cant do anything outside unless you like getting soaked by the rain which sometimes i like but personally i like the hot weather better.

• VanessaCH-man
    6/15/2017 - 01:58 p.m.

I <3 the summer because its the only time that we do noting but to have fun and not worry about doing homework or studying for a test. We can just chill with are friends and have fun:)

• IsavellC-man
    6/15/2017 - 01:58 p.m.

i like the summer because you get hot weather and you don't have to worry about homework or studying. we can just hang out all summer and sleep as much as we want and not have to worry about waking up early. :)