Anyone can make up their own weird or random holiday There are all kind of random and bizarre holiday, for example, Frog Jumping Day. (Matthias Ritzmann/Corbis/Holly Butler/Flickr)
Anyone can make up their own weird or random holiday

Every day of the year pays homage to at least one odd holiday. Some days even have a handful of strange holidays. Some of these holidays are consumer-oriented. One example is International Coffee Day. It is held on September 29. Another is World Pizza Day. It is held on February 9.

Other holidays are meant to spread awareness about a certain issue. One example is World Elephant Day. It is held on August 12. Another holiday is World Cancer Day. It is on February 4.

Then there are holidays that were seemingly invented just for a laugh. Have you heard of Frog Jumping Day? It is held on May 13. Another funny holiday is I Forgot Day. It is on July 2.

So where did all of these random days come from? Christmas is a federally recognized holiday. So is Thanksgiving. Alaska Day is a state holiday. Mardi Gras is a city holiday.  Creating holidays like these takes some doing. But anyone can invent a random holiday. They merely need to enter it for submission in Chase's Calendar of Events. It is perhaps the most extensive index for random holidays and events. These occur around the world.

Tom Roy is a radio host. He is from Pennsylvania. He has created around 80 holidays. These holidays include Wave All Your Fingers at Your Neighbors Day. It also includes Blah Blah Blah Day.

There doesn't have to be a point to creating holidays. That's what Roy explained. He talked to Holidash. He said it's all just for fun.

"It doesn't cost anything to celebrate them. That's the cool thing. You don't even need anyone's blessing. I just say Chase's because they publish them. But you don't need Congress' stamp of approval. You don't need your town government. You don't need anyone else's permission."

What holiday would you create?

What's the strangest holiday you've heard of? Why do you think it's strange?

• LizbethM-kru1
    3/25/2019 - 10:13 a.m.

The atricle said Frog Jumping day and its in May 13.

• JaylaC-kru1
      3/25/2019 - 10:30 a.m.

you forgot to tell why frog jumping day is the strangest holiday

• JaylaC-kru1
    3/25/2019 - 10:21 a.m.

The strangest holiday the article said was blah blah blah day because it will have to be like everyone has to say blah blah blah blah blah the hole time of the day in less some people don,t want to say blah blah blah blah the hole day.

• EmeryC-kru1
    3/25/2019 - 10:32 a.m.

The strangest holiday that I know is Blah Blah Blah Day because, why what do you do all day do you just walk down the street and do you just hear someone blah blah blahing,I.D.K!

• FeleneE-kru1
    3/25/2019 - 10:39 a.m.

The strangest holiday I've heard of is the Blah Blah Blah day.I wanted to choose this one because why would people make these holidays??These holidays are so strange these days... :(

• rajanp-hol
    3/29/2019 - 09:05 a.m.

I think the strangest holiday is Frog Jumping Day. It is strange because I wouldn't expect them to have a day for frogs.

• thomasb-hol1
    3/29/2019 - 09:07 a.m.

The strangest holiday that I have heard of is probably is when they blow the head off of a snowman to mark the end of winter.

• coryd-hol
    3/29/2019 - 09:09 a.m.

i don't why we have weird holidays like pizza day and more but i guess its cool at the same time.

• daltone-hol
    3/29/2019 - 09:10 a.m.

national food day because thats just very weird to me.

• kylag-hol
    3/29/2019 - 09:10 a.m.

The strangest holiday I heard was the Wave All Your Fingers At Your Neighbors Day. I think it is strange because it is very random and a really interesting idea!