Animal control officer ready for toy tiger teasing
Animal control officer ready for toy tiger teasing

An animal control worker in Michigan was sure he was looking at a young tiger lying in a driveway. So he approached with care. He grabbed a pole and a shield. He also called police.

Turns out, it was a stuffed animal.

The Grand Rapids Press reports that Kent County Animal Control got a call about a tiger in the driveway. It was seen at an empty Grand Rapids home.

Supervisor Joe Dainelis answered the call. When he spotted the animal, he grabbed his safety gear. Neighbors also thought the life-sized, furry toy was real.

Meanwhile, Rachel Jensen, approached from another direction. She is Dainelis' co-worker. She realized there was nothing ferocious about the toy feline.

Dainelis says he expects to be teased for a few days.

Critical thinking challenge: What indicates that Joe Dainelis wasn't crazy to think the toy tiger was real?

• CarlaVidaurre
    6/04/2015 - 04:49 p.m.

This article is about an animal control worker that saw a tiger, so he called to police, because he was very scared , but the tiger was just a toy, the Kent County Animal Control received the call , supervisor Joe Danielis answered the call about a tiger in a driveway, so he grabbed his safety gear , but when he knew it was only a tiger toy, he felt very shy, and he thought that is going to be teased for a few days.

Answer critical question: Because the toy looks very real

This is very funny, I think the people dont have to have this things in his driveway, because some people can get confused !

• John0724-YYCA
    6/04/2015 - 05:44 p.m.

That is really funny that the Animal control Officer thought that the stuffed tiger doll was an actual tiger but when I see the tiger it doesn't look real at all so he should have been really embarrassed that he thought that the stuffed animal was an actual animal but I don't think people should tease him because that is just wrong and he will feel miserable. I wonder how he feels right now getting teased by other people but it was kind of funny that he thought the stuffed one was real.

• annabel1226-yyca
    6/04/2015 - 07:15 p.m.

Animal control officer should not put stuff animals in places that people think think that it is a real tiger animal. If they think it is a real tigers then they will call the police and they will get payed for calling them. Also the polices are really busy but they are calling them. I think animal control officers should pay for this cause. It is not funny for us, but some people think it will be funny.

Answer: I think he thought it was a real tiger so he called the police and got shield to protect him and spears to kill the tiger.

• dan16-Bla
    6/05/2015 - 11:04 a.m.

First of all, do we even know who the teaser is and second of all why would someone tease with a tiger...

• pat19-Bla
    6/05/2015 - 11:13 a.m.

the tiger looks very real , but is not. why would they fool the authorities about a tiger that was not moving.

• olivia15-Bla
    6/05/2015 - 11:15 a.m.

Wow , that tiger looks real!
    I wonder who was teasing?
    I love tigers, its my soccer teams mascot, The Tigers!

• brady.q-
    6/05/2015 - 01:15 p.m.

The story is all about a tiger laying down in the driveway. They got a toy to tease the tiger off the driveway the neighbors. Thought the toy tiger was real joe Daniels they called the Animal control to get the tiger off the driveway.

• brady.q-
    6/10/2015 - 08:13 a.m.

The story is who is the animal control officer he was at the animal shelter. He got the call saying a tiger was laying down in the driveway. It took place in Grand Rapids Michigan.Rachael Jensen told the animal control officer it wasn't real

• william1108-yyca
    6/10/2015 - 08:23 p.m.

At first I thought it was a real tiger. But then after they saw the tiger it was fake. I was so surprised. But I wonder how the fake tiger got there. I also wonder whose it is. But I want a stuffed animal. I want it because it is big and it looks soft and furry.

• AlexisSS-1
    6/13/2015 - 05:24 p.m.

a man thought a stuffed animal was a real life tiger and called the police and everything. Nieghbors also thought it was real and the officers. Daniel expects to be teased until this situation blows over