Theyre sisters, co-valedictorians and twins Gabby Munoz Robles and Maria Munoz Robles (Caryn Haller The Record-Courier)
Theyre sisters, co-valedictorians and twins

Identical twin sisters have achieved an identical distinction at a northern Nevada high school: They're co-valedictorians.

Gabby and Maria Munoz-Robles received the honor by each racking up 4.54 grade point averages at Douglas High School in Minden, about 40 miles south of Reno.

If she got the A, its like I got the A, too, Maria told the Record-Courier newspaper. A lot of people want us to be separate, but we enjoy it. When we give each other hugs, I feel like Im hugging myself.

The sisters both plan to attend Notre Dame in the fall and major in biomedical engineering. But the university is not allowing them to live in the same dormitory.

I told them I was OK with it," Maria said. "But we share everything from straighteners to clothes. So now we have to get our own stuff.

The sisters say that they eventually want to attend graduate school and conduct cancer and arthritis research together.

Both sisters have been involved in track, cross country and band at Douglas High.

It's the first time in the school's history that twins have been co-valedictorians.

Critical thinking challenge: Why hasnt this happened before at Douglas High?

• CASSIDYK-ZDE
    6/04/2014 - 07:57 a.m.

This is a very interesting story, two people getting to be valedictorians. The twins have a bright future ahead of them, them both wanting such big futures. Hopefully both of the genius sisters end up doing what they want for a job.

• brianna5k3
    6/04/2014 - 10:26 a.m.

that's really cool I wish I had a twin like that it would be awesome though why they can't share a dorm I don't get but that there choice.

• ANTHONYC-ZDE
    6/04/2014 - 12:00 p.m.

Having a twin must be so awesome. You could switch places with your twin every now and then and act like each other. If you think alike then you could scare people by talking simultaneously or speak back and forth with each other. So much fun could be had with a twin!

• MEGANM-ZDE
    6/04/2014 - 12:27 p.m.

It would be very exciting to have a twin to share an extremely known and honorable achievement with. Now that they can't share a dorm and they share everything else, they'll have to get some new stuff. Being valedictorian is very special but sharing it with someone that you love would be even better.

• SHANELLEH-ZDE
    6/04/2014 - 06:10 p.m.

Its nice that twin sisters were able to put their minds to it and become co-valedictorians. Its would be wonderful if more often students/friends would put their mind together and study with one another. Maybe they would be able to achieve the same goals or higher.

• Chelsey7
    6/04/2014 - 07:16 p.m.

I think this is amazing and cool. I think having a twin would be really cool because then you have someone there for you forever. I like how they get along because most twins don't really get along. I hope that they get in the same college like they planned. I hope they keep up what they are doing.

• Rachie-poo
    6/04/2014 - 08:49 p.m.

It's cool these sisters are good friends. They get along so well. It's also cool to be able to get a award that's hard, and get it with each other. I think it would be cool to have someone to always hang out with, but it might get annoying sometimes. Isn't is hard to go to school together, be in the same sports, music and soon to be career? It might be hard to always have a shadow.

• DW19blue
    6/05/2014 - 08:46 a.m.

Well, twins arent very un likely, but the fact they both have determined golas and places to be, makes that so much different than any other twin sisters. Most twin sisters like to dress the same and use all the same things only when they're young, but they kept it going all the way until high school.

• 34252
    6/05/2014 - 11:54 a.m.

Having twin co-valedictorians hasn't happened before at Douglas High because a pair of twins has never gotten as high a score as Gabby and Maria. These students both got a 4.54 grade point average. I think that the reason these sisters both got valedictorian is because they worked together and achieved this award as a group instead of an individual. Both Maria and Gabby say they love being together.

• 36199
    6/05/2014 - 12:06 p.m.

I found this article very interesting. I don't think I'd like someone being so similar to me, and I'm surprised that the twins enjoy it! It's cool to see other people's perspective on things .