This little dogs got the moves! Jiff, a 4-year-old Pomeranian, walks on his two front legs on the floor in his Los Angeles home (AP photos)
This little dogs got the moves!

Jiff was already cute, lovable and talented. Now he's proven he's speedy, too.

The 4-year-old, 5-pound Pomeranian blazed into the 60th edition of the Guinness World Records book. It comes out Sept. 10.

He can run 10 meters (9.1 yards) on his hind legs in 6.56 seconds and 5 meters (4.55 yards) on his front paws in 7.76 seconds. Both times are faster than any other dog on the planet has clocked.

It's the first glimpse of the new book, and Jiff appears in it in 3-D. He's used to the spotlight, as a regular on television, a model and a social media phenom. His owners have remained anonymous so they don't detract from his popularity.

Besides running, Jiff also shakes, closes doors, covers his eyes, stamps his autograph, bows and skateboards.

Critical thinking challenge: If Jiffs owners revealed their identities, how could that interfere with Jiffs popularity?

• nikkicool
    9/02/2014 - 09:49 a.m.

WOW! I can't believe that a dog can do something like that. I have a dog and all she can do is shake hands. I have never heard of a dog that can skateboard, stamp its own autograph, close doors, and run on its hind legs for 6.56 seconds and its front paws for 7.76 seconds!!!!!!!!! So cool.=)

• NatalieS-Wit
    9/02/2014 - 10:34 a.m.

that dog is really amazing i have a dog and all he can do is roll over if i could get him to skateboard that would be awesome and skateboarding still is not the only thing this dog can do it can close doors cover its eyes stamp its own autographs and bow just wow

• torionastewart123
    9/02/2014 - 01:11 p.m.

The controversy of this topic is that the owner of a really fast dog doesn't want to be discovered. The owner doesn't want to take fame from the dog. I believe that this is a very smart idea. Some people want fame for something that they didn't even do. For example, if the owner just bought the dog and it came with that ability by genetics. It would be mean for there owners to take the fame for that. I believe that the owners are making the right decision.

• KathyBuns
    9/02/2014 - 01:33 p.m.

This is just so adorable! Gosh, he cute little thing. It's so interesting this little guy can run 10 meters in the amount of time! It's a great thing this cutie is making millions smile with his adorableness. He can skateboard too! It's too bad though that his owners haven't revealed their identities.

• lennind-Stu
      9/05/2014 - 08:22 a.m.

I didn't know dogs can stand on there hind legs jiff is an awesome dog I think he is going to be talented. They should put him in a dog show.

• lennind-Stu
      9/05/2014 - 08:22 a.m.

• dylangotdreams
    9/02/2014 - 02:07 p.m.

If Jiffs owners revealed themselves the dog would lose popularity because the spotlight wouldnt be on him. I think its outrageous that the owners are worried about there dogs popularity. He is so cute though.

• John0724-YYCA
    9/02/2014 - 09:25 p.m.

Wow that is really incredible that the dog did amazing stuff that no dog could do. I can't do anything what the dog did. I don't think anyone I know could do anything what the dog did. That dog should be really happy that he has a good owner.

• Ashley0207-yyca
    9/02/2014 - 09:49 p.m.

Do people believe in this article that a dog can move faster than a dog timed? Maybe people believe in it but I don't believe in it. I am very amazed that a dog can run faster than a dog timed. I think that is impossible to be more faster in running than a timed dog. Even though I liked the article I won't believe in this article.

• Eugene0808-YYCA
    9/03/2014 - 12:56 a.m.

I think this is amazing because a dog can run while standing on his hind legs. That is an example of doing two things at once. That is a very special talent that Jiff has. He can also do other things like stamp autographs, skateboards, covers his eyes, etc. Those are some talents that other dogs can or can't do. Also, Jiff would appear in the Guinness World Record book in 3-D! How awesome is that. I think Jiff's owners would be very happy.
    Answer: If Jiff's owners revealed their identities, then people would go up to them and ask them questions all day long and some one might stalk them.