5th grade boys perform synchronized swimming skit A framegrab from the video (YouTube)
5th grade boys perform synchronized swimming skit

A group of fifth-grade boys in Texas has become a worldwide hit. All because they pretended to be a team of synchronized swimmers.

It was during a talent show at Porter Elementary in Hurst, Texas. Eight students spent three minutes dressed in various forms of swim gear. It turned out to be pretty funny. A video has gone viral.

Without actually using a pool, the boys lined up as if they were in the water. They made fake dives and it looked pretty much like the real thing. One of the boys' moms coached them through it all.

Check out their act and see what you think. Could something like this be done at your school?

The video is posted on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um877cQMWHc

• marks6th
    4/30/2014 - 12:00 p.m.

I Hate Swimming
    I Can't Swim Very Well
    I Like Commenting On Things
    I Think That This Will Be A Bad Comment
    I Think That The Performance From The Fifth Graders Was Good

• kayley5k15
    4/30/2014 - 12:11 p.m.

WOW! That was entertaining. I have one question was there even any water because it looks like there is no water and confusing. And why would they do that?

• oshanellea
    4/30/2014 - 02:14 p.m.

that is cool and how those kids performed like that i would want to so that and that would be a cool chance to see that

• Bella0775
    4/30/2014 - 02:42 p.m.

This was a very cool article. I thought it was amazing that the fifth graders made it look like they were really swimming. They were all so in sync and it looked so realistic. Every one in the crowd loved it. I'm sure it was a huge hit at Porter, Elementary in Texas.

• jacquelineh-5
    4/30/2014 - 06:46 p.m.

This article is about a group of fifth grade boys lining their school talent show. For their act, they did a synchronized swim without an actual pool. Instead, they did it on a stage mimicking many real synchronized swimming moves. Throughout the video, you can hear the audience laughing and having a great time watching the performance. They performed at their elementary school in Texas, after one of the moms coached them. I found this article very amusing and also creative. I think it would perform an act in a talent show.

• Jason0421-YYCA
    4/30/2014 - 08:09 p.m.

I think that it is amazing that they could synchronize so well even though that there wasn't actually any water below them. I think that boys' moms are really talented to teach them how to fake swim. I don't think that just anyone can do such a good job of synchronizing. So I think that either the the boys are really talented or it was just how much effort they putted in the talent show.

• Brandon1231-YYCA
    4/30/2014 - 08:54 p.m.

I think that these boys are funny because, it was so funny when they were fake falling and when they were doing the dance in the pool. I also think that when they fell in the water, it looked like they were seals in the water. I also think that when they fell into the water, it looked like they were people dying and falling into the water like people of the sea. I also think that the skit was really funny and they were acting like real actors. I also think that people who made the skit should have been he funniest people in the world because, the skit was really funny.

• Eugene0808-YYCA
    4/30/2014 - 09:02 p.m.

I watched the video and it was kind of hilarious. I think it is pretty weird because boys aren't really onto synchronized swimming and these boys are really into synchronized swimming. I think these boys would want to become Olympic synchronized swimmers when they grow up. They can be gold medalists. I can imagine their performance in the summer Olympics.

• ColinBr
    4/30/2014 - 09:24 p.m.

This is very clever and could definitely see kids at my school do something like that although you don't usually see boys dance like that.

• John0724-YYCA
    4/30/2014 - 09:39 p.m.

Wow! I thought the fifth grader group was actually swimming in a real pool. But some parts were not that interesting but really funny. Like the diving part was really funny and when they put there legs up I got confused if it was swimming or ballet.