100-day-old panda cubs weigh 11 pounds each When the pandas were only one month old in August, one of them got a body check at the Chimelong Safari Park in Guangzhou, China (AP photos)
100-day-old panda cubs weigh 11 pounds each

The world's only giant panda triplets were doing well. They turned 100 days old Wednesday.

Each weighs more than 11 pounds, up from just over 100 grams at birth. They started teething at around 80 days old and have two small teeth each.

The cubs were born on July 29 within four hours, the female cub was delivered first and then her brothers. Physical exams show the cubs' health to be ideal, said Dong Guixin, general manager of Chimelong Safari Park in Guangzhou, capital of south China's Guangdong province.

Starting Wednesday, the cubs will be displayed to visitors for limited times. The cubs are also taking turns living with their mother for five-day cycles.

"It is imperative to help the triplets form a good relationship with their mother and keep them in close contact. We hope that they can live together if the cubs grow healthily," Dong said.

The cubs haven't been named. The park is seeking suggestions from the public.

Critical thinking challenge: How many of the triplet cubs are boys and how many are girls?

• SBenjamin-Sti
    11/11/2014 - 10:24 a.m.

Why are they keeping them from there mother? Why can the they only see there mother for a five-day cycle? and i dont know how many

• Anach-Fre
    11/11/2014 - 10:42 a.m.

One of the triplets is a girl and the others are boys. I know this because it states in the passage that " the female cub," single, "was delivered first and then her brothers." plural. All of the pandas are extremely cute and I wish I could have one of my own. Panda bears are one of my favorite animals, but elephants are first.

• Vincentw-Fre
    11/11/2014 - 10:46 a.m.

First they look so cute I love pandas they are so cool. I'm wondering why they are like that but I hope for the best. I hope the cubs don't get hurt. p.s stay cute pandas

• Jazc-Fre
    11/11/2014 - 10:47 a.m.

Ever heard of the term, 'Ladies first,'? Well ironically, that's exactly what happened. The female cub was delivered first and then her brothers. and, according to the text There was only one female cub and the others were boys. All weighing 11 pounds or more.

• 8NANDISURUPI-Flo
    11/11/2014 - 11:58 a.m.

The are so cute and are only weigh 11 pounds that is so so so so so so so small. I hope they will be safe for the rest of there lives. I wish them all the best for their this new life.

• Johnth-Fre
    11/11/2014 - 12:08 p.m.

At what park are these giant panda cubs located? Where is this study taking place? Where were the three giant panda cubs found? When were the giant panda cubs born? How old were the giant pandas parents?

• Angelst-Fre
    11/11/2014 - 12:20 p.m.

I feel bad for the girl panda because, its kinda like me except, I have an older sister. It's weird, how things work out. But it's life. And life is life and yeah. Anyway, I'm quite glad that the girl was born fist, cause that means, she's the older sister. Just, don't get annoyed by your little brothers.

• Eric0221-YYCA
    11/11/2014 - 01:02 p.m.

Wow, a 100-day old triplet panda cubs!? Whoa, even though that they are still baby cubs, well the age is really old and also they are more than 11 pounds, so they are like 19 pounds or so or I don't know how much they weight. The panda bears must be born within four hours, well that must be equal to 240 minutes to my calculation.
    Answer: There are one girl and two boys.

• 21Olivia-May
    11/11/2014 - 02:13 p.m.

That is so amazing that there 100 day old pandas that is so , so ,so , so cute and I hope that each of them have the equal amount of time with there mom .

• ScarlettR-1
    11/11/2014 - 04:23 p.m.

I read the article "100-Day-Old Panda Cubs Weigh 11 Pounds Each". This article is about how 3 panda triplets were born on July 29, 2014. The cubs are the only giant panda triplets in the world. On Wednesday, the cubs will be displayed for visitors at various times. They are having 5 day cycles living with their mother for a good relationship. These pandas are so cute. I just want one!