Would you pay for poo from a zoo? Frank Cummins, horticulturist at Binder Park Zoo, stands with some of the manure/compost the zoo will have for sale, in Battle Creek, Michigan
Would you pay for poo from a zoo?

It's called "Zoo Doo." And a zoo in Michigan is selling the stuff.

Zoo Doo is a compost from manure. It's used as a fertilizer to make things grow better.

Binder Park Zoo in Battle Creek is hosting a "Zoo Doo" event Thursday and June 5.

The manure comes from animals at the zoo. The animals are herbivores. That means they eat grass and other plants. Those animals include zebra, antelope, giraffe and others, the Kalamazoo Gazette reports.

Zoo Doo will sell for $25 a load to zoo members. Nonmembers will pay $30. The price is a deal, since cow manure can sell for around $2 or $3 a bag.

Binder Park Zoo says it's a "fun and creative way" to raise money. And dispose of waste. It also uses the compost as fertilizer at its facilities.

• Ashley0207-yyca
    6/16/2014 - 02:50 p.m.

I would pay because it can make plants and every produce to grow faster and stronger. I felt a little disgusting because poos are from animals and some stinks.

• annabel1226-yyca
    6/17/2015 - 09:14 p.m.

I will never pay a poo from the zoo.

• william1108-yyca
    7/14/2015 - 02:13 p.m.

REBUTTAL:

Annabel I don't think it said don't play with poop. And you even didn't have a quiz. You even didn't give an explanation about the article. SO you need to write longer articles. Not short ones.

• william1108-yyca
    7/15/2015 - 05:01 p.m.

REBUTTAL:

Annabel I disagree with you. You only wrote only like one sentence. And I don't see don't touch poop or play with it in the article. So next time write more than 3 sentences and read more carefully.

• John0724-YYCA
    7/16/2015 - 02:03 p.m.

REBUTTAL:
    William disagree with you for what you wrote one your rebuttal to Annabel because the only thing she wrote was that she will never pay for poo but your saying that she said that she doesn't want to play or touch poop. And most of the reason why you are disagreeing is because she wrote short which has nothing to do with poo from the zoo.

• Eugene0808-YYCA
    7/17/2015 - 12:45 p.m.

REBUTTAL:
    Annabel, why is this one sentence? The poop is disgusting but it is for a good cause. With the poop, you can make plants grow better. The poop sale was to raise money for the zoo. Also, the waste from the animals have to get rid of so why not sell it for people to use it for plants. Write longer comments. That is cheating. Everyone else is doing more than one sentence.

• Eugene0808-YYCA
    7/17/2015 - 12:52 p.m.

REBUTTAL:
    William, you did 2 rebuttals on the same person, on the same article. That is not good. Annabel did not say that she was going to play with poop. She said that she is not going to pay for poop. Next time, why don't you read other people's comments properly before getting it mixed up.

• Brandon1231-YYCA
    7/17/2015 - 02:14 p.m.

REBUTTAL:
    Annabel, what kind of comment is that! I will never pay poo from the zoo. That is just a very weird comment and that isn't at least seven sentences long. You are just making up sentences that don't even match up with the article. I think that you need to revise your comment and add more sentences to your comment because this is really bad.

• Brandon1231-YYCA
    7/23/2015 - 01:24 p.m.

REBUTTAL:
    Ashley, I know that you aren't even in this after school anymore, but I'm still going to rebuttal you. The zoo poop is good for the plants, but would you really want to buy it.? Do you think that it is worth the money? I think that you need to read over my questions to see if you are really understanding my questions.

• Jason0421-YYCA
    7/29/2015 - 12:49 p.m.

REBUTTAL:
    Annabel, why won't you pay for poo, and why didn't you write more sentences? There are many uses for poo from a zoo and there are options to using this poo. The first option is that you can use it for a souvenir. Next option, is that you can use it for crops, and the final option is that you can buy it so that you can be useful for charity.