Would you pay $3,200,000 for a comic book? The June 1938 cover of Action Comics, featuring the first appearance of Superman (AP photos)
Would you pay $3,200,000 for a comic book?

A copy of the first edition of a Superman comic book has sold for a huge price, $3.2 million.

New York comics dealers Stephen Fishler and Vincent Zurzolo said they submitted Sunday's record-setting bid in the eBay auction. Action Comics No. 1 is the 1938 book in which the superhero first appeared. That means it's rare. It is extremely hard to find. It's believed to be the highest price ever paid for a comic book. It's more than the $2.1 million paid for another copy of the same book in 2011.

EBay did not say who bought the comic book.

Superman was created by Cleveland teenagers Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. Action Comics No. 1 introduces the Man of Steel and his role as reporter Clark Kent. Superman came from another planet. He helped people in trouble.

About 100 to 150 copies are believed to exist.

• Marah4
    9/05/2014 - 02:47 p.m.

Who would pay that much money for a comic book

• sparkle345
    9/09/2014 - 11:46 a.m.

First of all don't you think this price is a little crazy! I mean would you really pay 3.2 million dollars for a comic book? I get that it is rare but I would only pay like 500 dollars. I think it is really cool that it is that old but still this price is crazy! If you read the whole book in one day and then you do not really like the book well sorry you have just spent 3.2 million dollars on a book you do not really like! This is just my opinion but this price is crazy! So if I where you I would buy only like 10 dollar comic books and get a lot of them.

• 123van
    9/09/2014 - 11:52 a.m.

So much $$$$ 3.2million$. My house is not even wroth that much

• ryan0420-yyca
    9/09/2014 - 09:23 p.m.

I think the price should be lower but it is rare but a rip off. In my opion i also think that the first ever superman book would be all dirty and flity. I also think it is a rip off because there is 150 more copies. If i were to by that book i would copy the book then i would sell it and make a profit. I think the man who sold it is greedy but i do get it is the first ever comic book. The man who sold this book got the book but there is others copies but the person who brought the book is peculiar.My friends and i would faint if we saw the dealer.

• shocker97
    9/12/2014 - 11:54 a.m.

Now that's crazy. I bet that you can get 1 of those in the store for under $100. Just wait a few days. Or weeks. Or months. Maybe a year or 2. But it's better than buying it now for $3.2 million. Most people barely have 1 million. $3.2 million is most peoples life's savings. Actually, it's usually under that. And for a comic book. I get it's rare and all, but still. $3.2 MILLION. This is completely weird, but I don't really care. I barely read comic books anyways.

• bouckel1-gag
    9/18/2014 - 12:56 p.m.

No I won't pay $3.2 million dollars for a comic book. because comic books are not much. well I don't know if I will pay $3.2 million dollars.

• NoahH-Mau
    12/18/2014 - 11:39 a.m.

I f I was a MLB player then yes!
    100 to 150 copies are believed to exist

sarory I did not put alot

Noah

• annabel1226-yyca
    6/24/2015 - 09:56 p.m.

Why would anyone buy a comic book for 3 million dollar. If I were them I won't buy it. That sucks. Why would you buy a comic book. You could buy it at the library or somewhere.