Would you cook a meal for your dog? The Doggy Cooking Network, a unique YouTube show for those into canine cuisine, recorded in Safety Harbor, Florida (AP Photos / Courtesy Kris Rotonda)
Would you cook a meal for your dog?

Is the way to a dog's heart is through its stomach?

No one believes this more than Kris Rotonda and Denise Fernandez. The couple conceived the Doggy Cooking Network. They also founded online dating service YouMustLoveDogsDating.com. That's where pooch-loving singles can connect with potential mates.

Their Doggy Cooking Network can be found on YouTube. It has become important to people putting more time, money and energy into pet care.

"The idea is simple. Food brings families together," Fernandez said. "Only people who are really devoted to their dogs are going to cook for them."

Some dog and cat treats made abroad have sickened pets. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has not been able to prove the chicken, duck or sweet potato jerky treats are causing the illnesses. But PetSmart and Petco plan to pull them from shelves.

Pet owners can find easy home-made recipes in Rotonda and Fernandez's cooking shows. They use simple ingredients like chicken, rice and eggs. They make everything from frozen yogurt bars and sweet bean rice to meatloaf birthday cake.

Ferandez and Rotonda are not professional chefs. But they display quick ways to please a pet's palate. First, they test out the dishes on their four dogs.

The shows began about three months ago. Shows are being posted once a week on YouTube. The segments are four minutes long.

• galvinc-
    11/10/2014 - 12:44 p.m.

This story is about whether you would cook a meal for your dog . If I was cooking for my dog I would like to have an easy meal. When they are hungry , I would cook a meal for them everyday.

• orahf-
    11/10/2014 - 01:00 p.m.

The story was about show that was on yoube so they can cook for their dogs. They can use recipse so they can cook for their dogs. I will not cook for my cat Willow.

• haileybr-Bla
    11/16/2014 - 01:15 p.m.

This article is about a couple that cooks for there dogs. They even convinced the doggy cooking network to let them do 4 min videos of different recipes that you can cook your dog. Before they put it on you tube they give it to there four dogs to see if its good. The shows that they are doing are being posted once a week. That's the summary on the article I read bye!

• Lamira-Abd
    12/02/2014 - 08:37 a.m.

I probably would cook a meal for a dog because dogs and other animals are like humans too.Dogs is like humans they can do things like humans.So I might make my dog a meal.

• alexisd-Sma
    1/07/2015 - 02:36 p.m.

I think it is weird that you would make your dogs eat at the table.

• jessicaw-Sma
    1/07/2015 - 03:07 p.m.

I think that it is cool that Kris Rotonda and Denis Fernandez do cooking shows and post them on youtube once a week. I was surprised when the article said they found a dating site for dogs called YouMustLoveDogsDating.com. I might go home,go on youtube and watch Kris and Denis's cooking shows for dogs.

• jessicaw-Sma
    1/15/2015 - 09:14 p.m.

This article is about would you cook a meal for a dog or not. I think I would cook a meal for my dog. I think I might watch the videos they made for you if you would cook for your dog.

• ariannav-Opi
      2/18/2015 - 03:02 p.m.

you would only cook a meal for your dog if you loved them with all your heart

• dominich-Sma
    2/23/2015 - 06:50 p.m.

I would cook for my dog if it made them live longer and be healthier.Because dogs are nice animals and cats to.We all want them to be around for a long time because you might need a friend to play with if you get bored.

• Isabelle-Hor
    5/19/2015 - 02:36 p.m.

DOG COOKING?! Wow! I had no idea that it is heathier than dog biscuts! Biscuts are not very heathy anyway.