World's tallest cow is taller than most people Patty Hanson is all smiles as she holds onto her Holstein cow Blosom (AP photos)
World's tallest cow is taller than most people

Patty Hanson and Blosom the cow smiled as their official Guinness World Records photo was taken. Blosom has been identified as the world's tallest cow, at 6-foot-4.

Hanson received an email in mid-August saying Blosom had been named the world's tallest cow. She sought the record after veterinarians and the cow's foot trimmer constantly noted the 2,000-pound animal's large size, Hanson said. At the end of May, family and friends began documenting Blosom's mass. They shot photos and videos. Her official measurements were taken by a vet from Orangeville Animal Health Service.

"When I put Blosom's halter on, she knows it's time to go to work greeting people. And one of the best things I love about this big cow is she makes people smile. But now when I get to tell them they are looking at the world's tallest cow, I can't wait to see their reaction," Hanson said.

Hanson got Blosom when she was a calf. She eventually decided to keep her as a pet. The cow turned 13 in July.

"My dad used to chuckle at Blosom, but soon softened up to her, which is why she stayed home on the farm as an addition to the many pets she adds character," Hanson said.

Hanson said she would like to turn Blosom's story into a children's book.

"Blosom is a bit like an overgrown dog," Hanson said. "To people who have cows, they will get what I am saying. But I want other people to know she is special. I told my dad years ago that Blosom was destined for stardom. And with this record she has achieved that."

Blosom will be included in the 2016 edition of the "Guinness Book of World Records."

• skyelarv502
    10/21/2014 - 02:27 p.m.

That is the biggest cow I have ever seen. How old is Blosom ? That cow really likes you.

• pennyw-Bla
    10/21/2014 - 05:53 p.m.

Patty Hanson has a pet cow named Blosom. Blosom is 13 years old. Blosom weighs 2000 pounds and is 6 foot 4 inches tall. Blosom will be in the Guiness World Records Book in 2016 as the WORLD'S TALLEST COW. Blosom is a friendly cow, and her owner wants to make a child's story about her.

• Ashley0207-yyca
    10/21/2014 - 09:12 p.m.

It is very amazing to have a cow as a pet because you can drink a lot of milk. I really want to see a person or a lot of people to have cows as pets because when the cows are calves they are so cute. I wish a lot of people loved cows as much as they love puppies. I think that it is crazy to have a cow as a pt even though they give a lot of milk. I don't agree that a woman can care for a cow and make it the largest cow in the world. I learned that a woman cared for a cow until it grew large. I am amazed because a woman cared a cow and it grew very large.

• orahf-
    10/22/2014 - 11:55 a.m.

I think that it was a good idea to get chalf then it will be a cow.. The cow is big then some people cow is 13 old years for a cow. They will put the cow in the guinnes book record it will come out the year after. This will be a good children story because the children will enjoy this story.

• Deaganm-Fis
    10/29/2014 - 02:42 p.m.

Holy cow that
    Cow is
    Huge
    And
    Your article is asome

• kayleeng-Ros
    11/10/2014 - 12:50 p.m.

Wow this is amazing, a cow that is taller than humans is unpredictable, and expecting to. I wonder how long Blossom will stay alive, and will she grow taller as she gets older? lots of questions little info but how Blossom holds the record of tallest cow.

• chloep-Ros
    11/10/2014 - 12:53 p.m.

I think it it is amazing how the cow started the same size of a normal cow and grew that tall,and that a cow can bring joy and make some one happy and it's cool how that cow is bigger than a human.

• jeremiahj-Ros
    11/10/2014 - 01:05 p.m.

I can't beileve a cow is taller than most people!Usa
    Ly,cows are long,but not that tall.That cow is lucky because in the article,it says that this cow (Blosom) will be in the 2016 edition of the "Guinness Book of World Records". Blosom will be very famous cow and the owner will win acclaim for the tallest cow seen.

• nyuanm-Ros
    11/10/2014 - 01:14 p.m.

I do not agree that she is like a overgrown dog but that is surprising that a cow can grow up to 6-foot-4 also I am wondering why did she call the cow Blosam.

• luismo-Ros
    11/10/2014 - 01:28 p.m.

I think that the cow it have like an special thing to be big.