What were top sellers on iTunes in 2014? Singer Pharrell Williams performs his hit song "Happy" at the Walmart annual shareholders meeting in Fayetteville, Arkansas (Reuters)
What were top sellers on iTunes in 2014?

The soundtrack for "Frozen" and Pharrell's viral "Happy" are the year's top-selling album and song on iTunes.

Apple announced that Taylor Swift's "1989," is second to "Frozen." Rounding out the top 5 albums are Coldplay's "Ghost Stories," Sam Smith's "In the Lonely Hour" and the "Guardians of the Galaxy" soundtrack.

"Frozen" is the year's best-selling movie. Season three of "Game of Thrones" is the top TV show.

The top paid and free apps for the iPhone are Heads Up! and Facebook Messenger. The top paid and free apps for the iPad are Minecraft Pocket Edition and YouTube.

Apple also named Swift's "1989" as the best album of the year. Beyonce earned top overall artist. Azalea's "Fancy" was named best song. These awards are in Apple's opinion.

John Green's 2012 novel, "The Fault in Our Stars," is the top fiction book. "Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt" and "Private" are No. 1 for non-fiction and free books, respectively

Critical thinking challenge: Why did the author write These awards are in Apple's opinion?

• SAlexander-Sti
    12/18/2014 - 09:47 a.m.

Frozen song and happy are the two best sellers on iTunes. Frozen is the years best selling movies and many liked the songs in it. Frozen and happy are better then Taylor swift's "1989" album.

• alexwank-Mag
      4/06/2015 - 11:13 a.m.

Honestly, I think "1989" should have gotten first. Frozen got old really fast, but when you listen to "1989" it's like it's your first time hearing it for the the first time.

• adriennebrew-Mag
      4/06/2015 - 11:15 a.m.

In my opinion the Taylor Swift 1989 album is better than both the Frozen soundtrack and the song happy. I like frozen and there songs, there just not my favorite. The song Happy is okay... I guess...

• oliviawei-Mag
      4/06/2015 - 11:16 a.m.

I think Taylor Swifts 1989 is WAY better than Happy land the Frozen soundtrack.

• CooperG-Mau
    12/18/2014 - 11:23 a.m.

Wow! The songs that I like are in that artical.Minecraft is defenently the best game on the i-pad.I love Fancy and Happy thoes songs are amazing.

• CooperG-Mau
    12/18/2014 - 11:27 a.m.

• AliceC-Mau
    12/18/2014 - 11:29 a.m.

I hear people say that frozen is a popular movie. My little sister had a performance yesterday and her whole school sang let it go and do you want to build a snowman. My mom told me that people go far away just to see frozen.

• AddyS-Mau
    12/18/2014 - 11:38 a.m.

wow!that is awesome I like pharrell because he is on the voice he is awesome on the voice.To tell the people who

• orahf-
    12/18/2014 - 12:37 p.m.

iTunes selling music with apples call iTunes that can selling music for people that like music. They get a lot of music that people like the music. Everyone can buy music.

• caragh5-Bla
    12/18/2014 - 12:51 p.m.

i agree with apple! does anyone else?

catgirl102