Whats better than 2 baby pandas? 3 baby pandas! Newborn giant panda triplets are seen inside an incubator at the Chimelong Safari Park in Guangzhou, China (Reuters)
Whats better than 2 baby pandas? 3 baby pandas!

China has announced the birth of panda triplets.

The three cubs were born July 29 in the city of Guangzhou. Breeders waited to announce the births until they were sure all three would survive.

The mother, Ju Xiao, and the cubs are healthy, a Chinese news agency said. The animals don't have names yet.

Photos showed the three sleeping and standing in their incubator. The incubator keeps them warm. The pandas' bodies are pink and mostly without hair. The father of the triplets is a panda that lives at another zoo.

The triplets were born within four hours of each other. They weigh between 8 ounces and 12 ounces.

The panda is China's unofficial national mascot. The country regularly announces the birth of pandas born at zoos and at the Wolong breeding center. The center is in the province of Sichuan. Most wild pandas are found there.

There are about 1,600 giant pandas in the wild. They are critically endangered due to loss of habitat and low birth rates. More than 300 live in captivity, mostly in China's breeding programs.

• jaycishoelover
    8/20/2014 - 03:37 p.m.

awwwwww :) there so cute :) can I have 1 :0

• JuliannaS-Saw
    9/05/2014 - 01:48 p.m.

The baby panda is so cute it looks so tiny and it looks a little funny.It looks so cute

• SamanthaF-Saw
    9/05/2014 - 01:51 p.m.

That is the most cutess thing that I have ever seen.

• CharlotteR-Saw
    9/05/2014 - 01:53 p.m.

This was interesting because I never new that baby pandas are pink when born! I really want to see baby pandas in person. I want one. I wonder what its like to be a panda?

• TomI-Saw
    9/05/2014 - 02:20 p.m.

Cute little panda so cute i love pandas aw!!!<3 love pandas

• Carvcobbq
    9/05/2014 - 02:48 p.m.

I love how cute the baby pandas are .
    I feel so happy for the mother.

• tabithamST
    9/22/2014 - 09:35 a.m.

I think that this is a really interesting article about pandas. Pandas are one of my favorite animals and I didn't know much about them until I read this article. When do the pandas get there black and white fur?

• jarreola0623
    9/25/2014 - 05:08 p.m.

That is so cute I think that when the triplets are old enough they would be able to see their mother soon. So their really cute.

• Ashley0207-yyca
    9/26/2014 - 09:01 p.m.

The baby panda is so cute, I wish I had a baby panda and when it grows up I'm going to let the panda go out and live free and in the wild. I think the baby pandas are very grateful for their birth and should thank their mother. I agree on what the article said because the panda triplets birth was the very first birth I've ever seen about pandas. I'm very amazed because cute little pandas were all born on the same day. They are so adorable when they were the first day.

• haileybr-Bla
    9/27/2014 - 12:54 p.m.

I think those pandas are adorable. I also think that if one of them is a girl they should name her Lola. I thought this story was so cute!