Two new, bigger iPhones plus a watch! From left to right, the iPhone 5, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus (Reuters)
Two new, bigger iPhones plus a watch!

Apple showed off some new devices Tuesday. They included a smartwatch.

There also will be two new, larger iPhones, with bigger screens. The iPhone 6 will have a screen measuring 4.7 inches. The iPhone 6 Plus will be 5.5 inches.

The smartwatch is called the Apple Watch. Most people thought the new watch would be called the iWatch. Much of the interaction will be through the dial on the watch. Apple calls the dial the digital crown.

The new watch will come in a variety of styles and straps. It will have two sizes. The watch will require one of the new iPhones or an iPhone 5, 5s or 5c. It will be available early next year at a starting price of $349.

There was another unveiling Tuesday aimed at Apple users. U2 just put out a new album, and the rock band gave it away for free. All customers with iTunes accounts could download the 11-song "Songs of Innocence" for free Tuesday afternoon. Apple said the album will be released to everyone else Oct. 14.

Apple makes most of its profits on iPhones. The larger models chould help the company compete with Android devices sold by companies like Samsung.

The new iPhones will start shipping in the U.S. on Sept. 19. Advance orders begin Friday. Starting prices will be $199 with a two-year contract for the iPhone 6.

• Jakeo4-Sch
    9/10/2014 - 11:48 a.m.

this is like a iphone but a watch at the same time.Also you cant lose it as easy as norml that is what i like about the watch.

• Ashley0207-yyca
    9/11/2014 - 10:36 p.m.

I think this is a cool watch that apple has made. I agree that the apple store will get better at building a profit for themselves. I agree because the apple watch will come out early next year and also the picture looks cool. I am very amazed because the apple store's newest edition watch is coming out. Maybe this is not a bad article after all.

• sweetcupcake2
    9/12/2014 - 11:45 a.m.

I heard about that on the news a few days ago and I heard some people say it looks like a Samsung! People said if we want an Iphone then we want an Iphone not a Samsung! Also on the picture it does loook like a Samsung there's a big difference between the 1st one and the last one! On the news it showed one of the newscasters checking his bloud presure on the watch and it seemed so cool! But if you added Siri on it it could be even cooler! It would be a talking watch, that sounds totally out of this world! But it still sounds so cool!

• VTI2005
    9/12/2014 - 11:54 a.m.

For some reason I've always loved watches. I started getting watches when I was 4. This summer I even had a spider man watch/ ring! Me and my best friend are two of the few 4th graders who have watches. The thought of a new one is too exciting too bear! I think I may faint...

• mooseloose50
    9/12/2014 - 12:07 p.m.

I want one! That is really cool that a phone with a 5.5 inch screen is being created. The apple watch is probably the coolest watch I have ever seen. when I go home I will ask my parents for an apple watch, and an i phone six plus. The answer will probably be no, but it is definitely worth a shot. Both of my parents have i phone five's, so now I will beg the to buy 3 phone six's. My Dad has a ton of watches so I will ask him to ad an apple watch to his collection. If apple keeps making watches and Phones, then they still have a huge business ahead of them.

• Emily-Bos
    9/17/2014 - 02:23 p.m.

The story was about the new iPhones that are going to go for sale next year . There is a new watch that is just like the new iPhone that is called the apple watch. The new iPhone has a lot cool things to it :) . It has a bigger , better screen

• Veronica-Bos
    9/17/2014 - 02:23 p.m.

Me and my partner read the new iphone6. Its talks about iPhone6 talks about it will be two lager iPhones and it also talks about smart iPhones. A smart Watch is a phone but its a watch. Smart watch is a watch that you were around your rist. On a smart watch you can call people at work or at school.

• David-Bos
    9/18/2014 - 09:30 a.m.

The iPhone 6 plus Is coming out next year. The awesome thing about the iPhone 6 plus is that it turns into a watch.I could play on it then when I want to see the time I could switch it into a watch.Who ever made that up is really creative and cool.Those iPhones are huge . I really want to know who made that.

• Jakylla-Bos
    9/18/2014 - 09:32 a.m.

They made a bigger iPhone. And what I want on it is games and music on it.

• Ashley-Bos
    9/18/2014 - 09:32 a.m.

The paragraph is about the iphone 6 and it is about a smart watch made by apple. The iPhone 6 cost $199 and the smart watch is new and you might like it. I would like to see what the new iPhone 6 can do.