Robocop throws first pitch The movie character Robocop throws out a ceremonial first pitch before a baseball game between the Detroit Tigers and the Toronto Blue Jays
Robocop throws first pitch

Before many baseball games begin, a special first pitch occurs. This is when someone is asked to toss a ball to a catcher. After that, the real game begins.

At a Detroit Tigers game this week, RoboCop did the honors. RoboCop is the character from the movies. He is a crime fighter.

This was part of "RoboCop Day" in Detroit. And to honor the DVD release of this year's "RoboCop" remake. The 1980s movie was set in Detroit.

It was cool to see RoboCop toss out the first ball. But many would rather have seen him hit a pitch about a mile!

• aliciaa-Fie
    6/04/2014 - 01:59 p.m.

I like the story because the Robocop was a great baseball player throwing women's ball.

• aalianu-Fie
    6/04/2014 - 02:11 p.m.

I want to see this movie, it looks intreresting I think he would play very good

• erickc-Fie
    6/04/2014 - 02:21 p.m.

I like the story because the Robocop throws the first pitch.I want to be like him.
    I want to watch the movie.

• John0724-YYCA
    6/04/2014 - 05:43 p.m.

I wonder how far that RoboCop could have thrown the baseball. Because I saw the movie and he is like stronger than hulk. The cool thing about this article is RoboCop's armor. It looks so cool. Just like the article I wanted to read about how far can he hit. It is going to go really far. Or maybe it could go over the fence.

• Brandon1231-YYCA
    6/05/2014 - 07:24 p.m.

REBUDDLE
    John you are funny, do you really think that robot cop is real. He is just in his costume and he is really not stronger than hulk. By the way, hulk isn't real either. Robot cop is just a person dressed up as a person who is blown up up a million pieces. I think that he might have a bad throw because he might mess up because of his outfit.

• kobe5k10
    6/06/2014 - 12:02 p.m.

wow that is really cool but i have not seceen the movie so i whant too see the movie

• sanwcaleb
    6/06/2014 - 12:27 p.m.

This article is about RoboCop pitching first pitch. It also so says how he pitched for the Detroit Tigers.

• AmaliaL-5
    6/06/2014 - 07:23 p.m.

Rococo, a fictional movie crime fighter, got to throw the first pitch. At the Detroit Tigers game Robocop got to throw the first pitch in honor of his new movie remake. He had a movie in the night even eighties and it has now been remade. I think that it is cool that a fictional character got to throw the first pitch.

• CeliaM-Mye
    6/09/2014 - 11:02 a.m.

That is weird wouldnt he be filming right now?and how could he get tickets to the tiger game?

• JackT-Mye
    6/09/2014 - 11:09 a.m.

man i saw robocop in the movies. living in detroit is different then most places and has a ton of crime so we need a robocop if you know what i mean