Pots, pans, dolls, games up for toy hall of fame Bubbles and Rubik's Cube are finalists for induction into the National Toy Hall of Fame (Thinkstock)
Pots, pans, dolls, games up for toy hall of fame

Pots and pans and paper airplanes are among the 12 finalists for the National Toy Hall of Fame.

They will be up against tough competition. Like American Girl dolls and the board game Operation. How about little green Army men and bubbles?

Here are the other 2014 nominees. Fisher-Price Little People, My Little Pony, Rubik's Cube, Slip 'N Slide, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Toys. Also, the toy trucks sold each holiday shopping season at Hess gas stations.

The hall of fame is at The Strong museum in Rochester, New York. Two winners will be inducted Nov. 6.

Anyone can nominate a toy. A committee votes in the winners.

The rubber duck and chess were last year's winners. Fifty-one other toys have been inducted. The hall was established in 1998.

Other past winners include Etch A Sketch, Play-Doh, Barbie, Mr. Potato Head and the Frisbee.

The cardboard box and stick have also made the hall. Kids still love to turn them into play things.

Can you think of a special toy that deserves to be in the Hall of Fame?

• John0724-YYCA
    9/24/2014 - 07:20 p.m.

There is a lot of toys that is going to compete this year but it is also pretty hard to tell who is going to win. In my opinion I think the My Little Pony toys are going to win because when ever I go to a girl's house I see a pony that has the my little pony logo. I think the lego company should have competed to. I see a bunch of boys with lego. Last year barbie should have won because trust me I've seen a lot of girls who had barbie dolls at their house.

• ryan0420-yyca
    9/25/2014 - 03:19 p.m.

I never new those toys where in the Hall of Fame. I think balls should also be in the Hall of Fame because people use them a lot to play. Also at school most kids play hand ball,kick ball basket ball, and soccer.Another thing that should be in the Hall of Fame in my opinon is devices like iPads, Ipods, computers, Netindo ds, wii, Xbox 1, Ps4, and iPhone 1,2,3,4,5,6. Most people use electronics in the world so I think it should be in the Hall of Fame. Another thing I think should be in the Hall of Fame is bubble blowers. Why I think bubble blowers should be in the Hall of Fame is because it is fun making bubbles and popping them. Those things I think should be in the Hall of Fame is all my opinons of toys.

• dyllanri
    9/26/2014 - 12:21 p.m.

I think a toy trator should be in that because it was a childhood memory for me because.I always made a farm in my basement it was fun!!!!!

• miagon
    9/26/2014 - 12:21 p.m.

I think it is nice that there is a toy hall of fame.but i personally like the play-do myself.I think that the children should vote not the adults because only children know what they like.I think that stuffed animals should be added to the list because my sister and i both have a lot of stuffed animals that we used from when we were little.

• zackeryni
    9/26/2014 - 12:21 p.m.

I think electric cars should be in there because kids can learn how cars work. Kids like electronics so get them electronics cars. People like cars.

• kirstenko
    9/26/2014 - 12:21 p.m.

in my opinion i thing american girl dolls should be on the hall of fame.
    and ather cool toy sould be in the hall of fame.
    twister,candy land and ather cool thing sould be in the hall of fame

• blakebo
    9/26/2014 - 12:21 p.m.

I think these toys should not be in the hall of fame.These are some toys that should be in the hall of fame.Footballs,basketballs,baseballs,soccer balls,and guns.I think the girl dolls should not be in the hall of fame.
    Sincerely , Blake

• monicaar
    9/26/2014 - 12:22 p.m.

i think they should put toy's on the wall becuase you can see how

• piperro
    9/26/2014 - 12:22 p.m.

I think that pokemon should be in the hall of fame. I think they should be in the hall of fame because kids can collect the plastic figures,cards,and the stuffed animals. The cards can used for copying off of to draw they can be used to play the card game and there fun to look at.

• ryleeke
    9/26/2014 - 12:22 p.m.

I think that toys should not be in a hall of fame.So kids can play with them when there not n school.So kids can were them out and get a new one.Sothere not just laying around.