Nurse who survived Ebola gets her dog back Bentley, the King Charles Spaniel who was quarantined after his owner, Nina Pham, was diagnosed with Ebola (AP photos)
Nurse who survived Ebola gets her dog back

A Dallas nurse who recovered from Ebola will soon be reunited with her dog.

The King Charles Cavalier spaniel is named Bentley. It has been in quarantine. That's where it is kept away from people and animals. This is just in case the dog has the disease and could pass it along.

His owner, Nina Pham, was diagnosed with Ebola earlier this month. She had contracted the virus while caring for a Liberian man. He died in the hospital on Oct. 8. Ebola is a disease that began in west Africa. It can be deadly though many who get sick will live after they get proper medical treatment.

City spokeswoman Sana Syed said that the dog has tested negative for Ebola. His 21-day quarantine ends Saturday.

Pham was released from her own quarantine Oct. 24.

• danniemoji
    11/04/2014 - 04:09 p.m.

This story is quite short, but very sweet. I heard that she was the first person to overcome ebola and now she will live happily with her dog. They thought her dog had ebola also, but turns out he didn't. It happens to be a truly happy ever after.

• sterlingr-Fra
    11/07/2014 - 11:36 a.m.

That is so touching that a nurse that had Ebola is finally getting her dog back after a 21 day quarantine. I wonder how she felt when she got her dog back.

• steph6-Bla
    12/08/2014 - 02:39 p.m.

I did not know Ebola was in Dallas. My new puppy Daisy is from Dallas and she was born on Oct.9 then she went to Oklahma so she would avoid the disease.

• dan16-Bla
    12/08/2014 - 02:50 p.m.

how did she get ebola in the first place?Also why did she lose her dog?...

• cm2001KING
    1/07/2015 - 08:39 a.m.

This is so good that she got her dog back now a days people think there dog is their life and now they have their dog back so that's wonderful we really should find a cure for Ebola

• tobinc-mcc
    9/30/2015 - 03:19 p.m.

This reading is kind of confusing. I did't know dogs can get Ebola. I'm steal confusion how she and the dog survived the Ebola. That is sad when Nina Pham had Ebola. This story remined me about Bethey. because she was attack by the shark. She lost a arm but she steal surfuring in this day. I Thought the owner is going to die. Now they can play together.