Mom wants to give her daughter an awesome name Lisa Flores poses with her daughter, Viviana, 2 and son, Dominic, 15
Mom wants to give her daughter an awesome name

A woman wants to give her daughter an awesome middle name. She wants to call the girl Awesome.

Lisa Flores is seeking approval to change her daughter's middle name to Awesome. The girl's name is Viviana Contea Flores. Her mom wants it to be Viviana Awesome Flores.

The mother let her 11-year-old son pick out a new name for his sister. When he chose Danger, the mom said no. So he chose Awesome. But the mom picked "Contea" at the last minute.

The mom now wants the name changed to thank Dominic for all he has done to help her. The brother says the "cool" name will allow his sister to tell people that she has an "Awesome" middle name.

Would you want someone to give you a new name?

• John0724-YYCA
    6/11/2014 - 03:51 p.m.

I would not give my daughter that nickname if I had a daughter. It is weird that they put awesome in the daughter's middle name. All my family member's nickname is there Korean name. But I like the danger nickname better than awesome.

• Jason0421-YYCA
      7/28/2014 - 04:43 p.m.

REBUTTAL:
      I think that you didn't read the article, because it wasn't the mom who wanted to name her middle name as Awesome it was Dominic who made the Mom want to name her Awesome. Viviana's mother thinks that it was a right choice for Dominic to name her middle name because the mom wanted to thank him. I think that you should read the article more carefully because then you whould have known that.

• MylesW-1
    6/13/2014 - 10:02 a.m.

This article is about how a mom wants to give her daughter an extremely cool name her name is awesome. The mom is still waiting for approval so that she can change her daughters middle name. Her original name is Viviana Contea Flores. The mom lat her eleven year old son pick the middle name for his sister. at first he chase danger but the mom did not want that. I think that changing your middle name to awesome is cool.

• Ashley0207-yyca
    6/16/2014 - 02:45 p.m.

Why would a mother make an awesome name for her daughter? Because they want you not to be teased.

• Jason0421-YYCA
    7/28/2014 - 04:30 p.m.

REBUTTAL:
    I think that you didn't read the article, because the mother wanted to name her something that was recommended by Dominic. Viviana's mother thinks that it was a right choice for Dominic to name her middle name because the mom wanted to thank Dominic. I think that you should read the article more carefully because then you could have known some of the questions you asked.

• Eric0221-YYCA
    1/28/2015 - 08:43 p.m.

I think that it is cool for a mother to change her daughter's name to "Awesome" because it is kind a good middle name for a newborn daughter. Well, if I had a daughter like the mother, I wouldn't name my the daughter's middle name to "Awesome" because I don't think that the kids are going to be impressed with the middle name.

• annabel1226-yyca
    5/05/2015 - 10:03 p.m.

If my middle name is Awesome I will tell my mom why did you pick that name. Why can't it be Lily. If I had a older brother why would my mom let him choose a name for me. If someone give me a new name I will not accept it because my name is perfect.