Little League superstar Mo'ne Davis writing a book! Mid-Atlantic Region pitcher Mo'ne Davis throws a pitch at Lamade Stadium in August 2014 (Evan Habeeb / USA TODAY Sports / Reuters)
Little League superstar Mo'ne Davis writing a book!

Writing a book about your life when you're still a teenager may seem premature. But not for Mo'ne Davis. She is the first female pitcher to win a Little League World Series game.

"Mo'ne Davis: Remember My Name" will be released in March. It will be published by HarperCollins Children's Books.

The honor roll student from Philadelphia became a sensation last summer. She led the Taney Dragons to a 4-0 victory over Nashville, when she was 13 years old.

Mo'ne is known for her long braids and poise. She has since appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated. She also threw out the first pitch at a major league World Series game. And she starred in a car commercial directed by Spike Lee. In September, she donated her jersey to the Baseball Hall of Fame. It is located in Cooperstown, New York.

"When I joined an all-boys baseball team, my mom wasn't too happy," Mo'ne said in a statement. "I proved to her (and to me) that I could do anything I set my mind to. I hope (the book) encourages people to take a chance and play the sports they want to play and not just the ones people expect them to play."

This month, she and her fellow Taney Dragons will help kick off the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

• CapeleyZ-1
    11/20/2014 - 04:13 p.m.

Mo'ne Davis is the first female pitcher to win a Little League World Series game. She is an honor roll student in Philadelphia and she led her team, the Taney Dragons to a 4-0 victory. She did this when she was only 13 years old. Since her win she has appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated magazine. She is now going to have a book she hopes to inspire young people with. Her and her baseball team will help to kick off the Macys Day Thanksgiving Parade. I think that is very inspirational and really shows how you should be yourself.

• alannalST
    11/21/2014 - 09:42 a.m.

Wow! That must have been an amazing accomplishment. That just shows you can do anything if you set your mind to it! Was she always that good, or did it take time for her to become a good player?

• clairem-Wre
    12/08/2014 - 10:32 a.m.

This story is very inspiring. It is so motivating people to do what they want to do.

• matthewn-Wre
    12/08/2014 - 10:33 a.m.

I think thats cool that she play on a boys baseball team in Philidelphia taney dragons and led them to 4-0 victory.

• mundot-Wre
    12/08/2014 - 10:37 a.m.

I think a girl in a baseball team is good because some girls or women don't get a chance to play
    baseball like other people do .

• jaidenb-Wre
    12/08/2014 - 10:37 a.m.

I'm glad that she following what she wants to do.It doesn't matter what gender type you have just do what you do beast.

• ridleyt-Wre
    12/08/2014 - 10:37 a.m.

Wow she played for an all boy team.That's really great to be on that type of team . You would have to amazing at baseball .

• lacim-Wre
    12/08/2014 - 10:37 a.m.

I love how she says in the story that she says she hopes her books inspierse other people to do the sport they want to do and not let other people

• rebeccab-Wre
    12/08/2014 - 10:37 a.m.

it is a relly good story and i think people will like it and may show there family this story.

• angelv-Wre
    12/08/2014 - 10:37 a.m.

So mo'ne is known for her long braids? I would like to know when she was born and how her childhood
    was like. I think she was VERY good at baseball. And when it said "my mom wasn't too happy"i think
    it meant that she (mom) wanted her to join a GIRLS baseball team.