If you found $125,000, would you give it back? (- Getty Images)
If you found $125,000, would you give it back?

A Salvation Army worker is being rewarded. He returned a bag containing $125,000. It had fallen from an armored truck.

Joe Cornell found the cash last week. A Brinks truck pulled away from a red light in Fresno, California. It left the sack behind. Brinks is a company that transports money.

"I started crying and shaking," Cornell said. "Everything was going through my mind ... What to do?"

Then he thought about his family. What would they think of him if he took the money?

"That made up my mind right there," he said. He called his boss and told him he'd found a bag of money.

With the Salvation Army, the 52-year-old Cornell Cornell works on donated trailers.

"I went down there carrying the bag like I was Santa Claus," Cornell said.

Brinks spokesman Ed Cunningham said he isn't sure how the truck lost the money.

The company will give Cornell a $5,000 reward. It also will donate $5,000 to the Salvation Army.

• mc30police
    6/04/2014 - 12:56 p.m.

I would not donate any of it... I would use it for myself to help pay for collage and have a lump sum of money in case of an emergency.

• MekhiW-Mye
    6/09/2014 - 11:32 a.m.

No I would not give it back. Number one who lost the money?

• Aarone1211-yyca
    6/09/2014 - 04:25 p.m.

A Salvation Army got rewarded with a bag with $125,000 it had fallen from an armored truck.Joe Cornell found the cash last week.Ed Cunningham isn't sure how the truck lost the money.I went down there carrying the bag like Santa Claus,"Cornell said.I like the part when a Salvation Army got rewarded with a bag with $125,"000.I like the part when the company will give Cornell $5,000 rearward.I don't like the part when the bad peoples steal things. The peoples were nice in the story. Not finished

• Ashley0207-yyca
    6/23/2014 - 06:09 p.m.

Umm,I would never do that. I felt very strange because who would donate 5,000 dollars to the Salvation Army. Maybe I should? Or should not? I'm too confused.

• Ashley0207-yyca
    6/23/2014 - 06:12 p.m.

Aarone why did you write a summary? You are suppose to write what you think about the article before you write down the comment.

• Brandon1231-YYCA
    7/14/2014 - 01:49 p.m.

REBUTTAL
    I think that you are very wrong because you are not thinking about people in the army and you only care about money Ashley from your comment. I think that if I found that much money, I would give it right back to the owner of the money and not just steal the money just like you would. I would just do the right things and just give it to the police officers and tell them about the bag full of money. I think that you are just being just wrong about these people in the army. You think thug they can just be homeless and just be sad all year long. I hope that you can change your answer soon Ashley because giving something is better than taking something

• John0724-YYCA
    7/16/2014 - 01:53 p.m.

REBUTTAL:
    I think that you are wrong. If you don't give all that money money back then they you are a robber. And they donated the money because they were rewarded. What if someone did something really good for you wouldn't you reward them with something. Cornell got 5,000 dollars because he returned the bag with 125,000 dollars inside it.

• Jason0421-YYCA
    7/16/2014 - 01:55 p.m.

REBUTTAL:
    I think that you didn't read the comment close enough. In the article, it says that the Salvation Army donated 5,000 dollars because Cornell found 125,000 dollars being dropped by one of Salvation Army's trucks dropped it. In addition, someone didn't donate money but instead the Salvation Army gave it to him. I also think that if you read the article thoroughly, you wouldn't have been confused.

• NatalyL-Saw
    9/04/2014 - 05:03 p.m.

if i had $125.000 dollars i would not give it back because i could buy what ever I want and i will give some to the cancer people and some to my parents.

• JacquelineR-Saw
    4/27/2015 - 02:07 p.m.

I wouldn't there fault for losing it finders keepers losers weepers