Everybody makes mistakes, even California This combination of images shows a misspelled sign which was covered and then removed in Southern California (AP photos)
Everybody makes mistakes, even California

No one noticed the mistake until the morning after the sign was installed. It was right above Interstate 710 in Southern California.

A subcontractor had misspelled Olympic Boulevard. An "I'' was used in place of the "Y."

The large green exit sign was covered with a tarp and eventually removed but not before drivers snapped and tweeted photographs of the mega-typo.

The subcontractor will pay for a new sign. It is one of many improvements underway on the freeway as part of a pavement rehabilitation project.

• mya18-Bla
    12/04/2014 - 01:31 p.m.

i think everyone makes mistakes and it okay to! i am very happy that they can fix the misspelled word in such a sort time!

basketball83

• gabby10-Bla
    12/04/2014 - 01:35 p.m.

do you know when they are going to fix it it is ok because everybody makes mistakes

ggymnastics24

• SH2000Lovie
    12/05/2014 - 08:43 a.m.

How do you not know how to spell Olympic? Did what you used have a spell check? I think that everything that's new the has wording in it should have a spell check. New improvements.

• AV2000RED
    12/05/2014 - 08:44 a.m.

Everyone makes Mistakes And When The Person Was Writing They Were Probably Tired And Spelled It Wrong A Lot Of People Spell things Right But He Should Have Check His Spelling before Putting It Up . People Make Fun Of Everything And If I Was Him I Would Have Checked My Spelling

• AddyS-Mau
    12/09/2014 - 11:34 a.m.

I think that he did not check his spelling until after he took the tarp of the the sigh and then he reliesed he made a big makes.It was a makes that every one makes.

• SH2000Lovie
    12/17/2014 - 08:43 a.m.

Everyone spells things wrong. But when it comes down to it being on a billboard where everyone can see, that's when you have to at least make a spell check. How is a person supposed to know where they are going if the spelling on a billboard is spelled wrong?

• Tiffany0307-yyca
    12/29/2014 - 06:53 p.m.

It is true, everyone does make mistakes,(except God). Some mistakes are not that important and some mistakes are important like the mistake in the article. It is good that the subcontractor is going to fix the sign. I think some person put that tarp thing on the sign. Or maybe because the wind was so strong that it might have blown the tarp thing up,up,and must have landed on the freeway Olympic sign. Anyways, that spelling mistake was very dumb. No offense, but the person who made that spelling-mistaken sign is kind of crazy. I think a third grader can write better.(At least I think so). Hopefully, I think the sign is back to normal now.

• SH2000Lovie
    1/30/2015 - 08:58 a.m.

Everyone spells things wrong. But when it comes down to it being on a billboard, you have to at least spell check it. It isn't right to just put something up that isn't spell proofed, unless its an obvious but other then that we all make mistakes, just make sure you spell check