Does tower of ketchup need mountain of mustard? Traffic passes by a water tower in the shape of a ketchup bottle in Collinsville, Ill. (AP photos)
Does tower of ketchup need mountain of mustard?

How would you like to own a huge ketchup bottle?

A "For Sale" sign is in front of what might be the "World's Largest Bottle of Catsup." The bottle once served as a water tower in the city of Collinsville, Ill.

It's 65 years old. And it's tall, 170 feet. The asking price is $200,000. A warehouse next to it is also for sale, at $300,000.

Brooks Old Original Rich and Tangy Catsup was produced in the buildings beneath the tower. The 100,000-gallon tower held water never ketchup. It hasn't been used since Brooks moved out about 50 years ago.

The plant became a warehouse used for shipping and trucking operations. Larry Eckert, the company's owner, considered selling the ketchup bottle and warehouse separately. Then he decided one can't go without the other.

Eckert said the ketchup bottle is on the National Register of Historic Places. He expects the eventual buyer to preserve it.

• JuliannaS-Saw
    11/05/2014 - 12:46 p.m.

A huge ketchup bottle is very crazy.I would never like to own that.

• EduardoS-Fos
    5/28/2015 - 01:06 p.m.

In my opinion I think anybody would like to buy a the World's Largest Bottle of Catsup. It is really big, some people can use it like a collection or something but i think that is a bad way to spend your money.

• EduardoS-Fos
    5/28/2015 - 01:10 p.m.

In my opinion I think anybody would like to buy a the World's Largest Bottle of Catsup to save water. It is really big, some people can use it like a collection or something but i think that is a bad way to spend your money.

• RolandoSC-Fos
    5/28/2015 - 01:11 p.m.

I liked this story it is really funny! Well I think jaja!(:

• william1108-yyca
    7/07/2015 - 06:05 p.m.

Wow! I never knew that there was such a thing as a giant ketchup bottle. I have never seen one before. Maybe next time when I go on a adventure I should look for a giant ketchup bottle. Maybe something else bigger than the giant ketchup bottle.

• william1108-yyca
    7/07/2015 - 06:19 p.m.

Wow ! I never knew that there was such a thing as a giant bottle of ketchup. I have never seen one before. But I wish I have. Maybe next time I go on a trip or on a adventure maybe I should look for a giant bottle of ketchup.

• annabel1226-yyca
      7/27/2015 - 07:55 p.m.

REBUTTAL:
      William I disagree with you, that you can't see giant bottle everywhere because it could get stolen, someone could already bought, and it is too far to get there.