Cat, dog, lasers: A senior portrait to remember This composite image made from multiple photogaphs shows Schenectady, NY, High School senior Draven Rodriguez holding his cat Mr. Bugglesworth, along with Schenectady High School principal Diane Wilkinson holding her Chihuahua, Vivienne (AP Photo/Trinacria Photography, Vincent Giordano)
Cat, dog, lasers: A senior portrait to remember

A teenager and his cat, a principal and her dog, and lasers. They all came together in Draven Rodriguez's senior portrait. It ended up with him holding his cat, Mr. Bigglesworth. And Schenectady High School Principal Diane Wilkinson is also pictured holding her Chihuahua, Vivienne.

16-year-old Rodriguez had wanted his senior yearbook portrait to show him holding his cat. Lasers could be seen in the background. He posted the photo on the Internet. It became very popular.

The school denied his request. But the school did say the photo could appear somewhere else in the yearbook.

Then Principal Wilkinson got in on the act. She offered a photo of herself with her dog. Now school district officials say the joint portrait with the two pet owners will be included. It will run on the principal's yearbook page.

The portrait will be used to raise awareness for the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and rescue animals.

• Ashley0207-yyca
    10/08/2014 - 09:15 p.m.

Why would people take pictures with pets? I think it is weird to take a picture with pets because they do things that are very crazy and disturb you from taking a picture. I don't agree to take a picture with a pet because they will do a lot of things to distract or disturb you from taking a picture. I learned that some people take a picture with their pets. I am amazed because I've never heard of any people take a picture with a pet. I will never take a picture with a pet, ever.

• ben54321
    10/13/2014 - 12:45 p.m.

Ha ha.......... Hmmm it's a really funny picture it seems to be cats and lasers which one wins??....
    So funny I think lasers wins which one do you think?

• wade78647856
    10/13/2014 - 12:56 p.m.

lazers are awesome evey thing I love is in this picure dogs and lazers toaty awesome guy s and ha ha ha ha its so funny

• brandi1018
    10/14/2014 - 01:11 p.m.

This is really sweet. Its amazing to see people helping out to a good cause. Although they probably want raise a lot of money. An interesting fact is that they are doing this to help raise money not just for themselves. I think this a good call out to society to help see that we need to take better care of our animals.

• JosephO2005
    10/14/2014 - 02:47 p.m.

I love the lasers in the background and the cat and dog, but why are they in the picture? Why is a principal and the teenager in the picture? Why not just the cat and dog jumping over the lasers?

• 23Kenyon
    10/16/2014 - 02:13 p.m.

Now since I just read that I finally realize that no one should ever ever be cruel to any animal on this planet because it is very mean now that is a valuable lesson.

• isabellao-Bla
    10/20/2014 - 08:33 p.m.

This article is about a cat, a dog and lasers but it didn't say anything about the lasers. The school didn't want to put the picture in the yearbook. The school principal put a picture of her and her cat in the yearbook too.

• lgj502
    10/21/2014 - 02:41 p.m.

That is a cute cat.I Looooooove cat` s.Cats aremy 3rd favorit animal.

• LillyS-Hor
    2/12/2015 - 02:08 p.m.

That was amazing it was so cute with the lasers and the cat and dog where the most thing I stared then I read it I even read it two times!

• Isabelle-Hor
    2/20/2015 - 03:39 p.m.

WOW! I can't believe how much I learned in such a little passage. I mean,I would be FRIGHTEND if I was an animal.