100-day-old panda cubs weigh 11 pounds each When the pandas were only one month old in August, one of them got a body check at the Chimelong Safari Park in Guangzhou, China (AP photos)
100-day-old panda cubs weigh 11 pounds each

The world's only giant panda triplets were doing well. They turned 100 days old Wednesday.

Each weighs more than 11 pounds. That's up from just over 100 grams at birth. They started teething at around 80 days old. Each cub has two small teeth.

The cubs were born on July 29 within four hours. The female cub was delivered first and then her brothers. Physical exams show the cubs' health to be ideal, said Dong Guixin. He is general manager of Chimelong Safari Park in Guangzhou. That's the capital of south China's Guangdong province.

Starting Wednesday, the cubs will be displayed to visitors for limited times. The cubs are also taking turns living with their mother for five-day cycles.

It's important that the cubs bond with their mother, Dong said. "We hope that they can live together if the cubs grow healthily," Dong said.

The cubs haven't been named. The park is seeking suggestions from the public.

• sarahr-Kin
    11/12/2014 - 02:45 p.m.

I really liked this column because I am an animal lover. I really love animals. They are my favorite out of everything in this world . ABOUT IT , MAYBE SOME OTHER THINGS FIRST BUT DEFIDENTLY A COUPLE THINGS AFTER THAT

• AliannaR-Saw
    11/13/2014 - 12:47 p.m.

They are so small and it is a good thing that they are healthy . They are so cute

• patrickf-Bla
    11/14/2014 - 09:12 a.m.

This article is about 100-day-old panda cubs weigh 11 pounds each.The cubs were born on July 29.I hope they can live together if the cubs grow healthily.by PATRICK!!!!!!!!!!

• orahf-
    11/17/2014 - 11:11 a.m.

The story was about panda cubs that were triplets born in south China. They are about 100 days old and still do not have names. They want the people who visit the safari park to help name them. There were two boys cubs and one girl cub.

• brady.q-
    11/17/2014 - 11:20 a.m.

The story is all about baby panda cub triplets that were born in China. They still don't have names but my suggestions would be Freddie, Gary , and Maya. The pandas are are 100 days old . They each weigh 11 pounds. I think they are cute looking .

• hannah9-Bla
    12/08/2014 - 02:34 p.m.

so adorible i never knew pandas could have triplits

• hannah9-Bla
    12/08/2014 - 02:37 p.m.

so adorable i never knew pandas could have triplets

• hannah9-Bla
    12/08/2014 - 02:38 p.m.

so adorable i never knew pandas could have triplets

• annabel1226-yyca
    6/11/2015 - 08:51 p.m.

They are so cute. They should have put the cub with it's mother. How are they so heavy? I wish I could get a panda for my birthday.The mother panda should birth more so they could have a lot of pandas. Also the pandas name should be annabel, isabelle, anna. Or if it is a boy then it should be andrew, alex, aiden. The mother should been hard to give birth to three pandas.

• ellaholick-bak
    9/23/2015 - 01:14 p.m.

I think one of the boys should be named paw-paw and the other re-re and the girl sis I love pandas so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!